The Creativity Movement is a non-profit racist, anti-semitic and white-supremacist organization which advocates a fanatical "White Religion" called Creativity. The group denies the Holocaust, embraces racial neo-eugenics and improvement through human genetic engineering, with a religious mission which is dedicated to the "survival, expansion, and advancement of the White Race exclusively."
The Creativity Movement was formerly known as the World Church of the Creator or WCOTC from 1996 to 2002, and Church of the Creator from 1973 to 1996. The Creativity Movement is not related to the TE-TA-MA "Truth" Foundation's Church of the Creator which legally trademarked the name Church of the Creator in 1984, 11 years after half a dozen books had been published in the Library of Congress by Ben Klassen stating the name of his religious organization was called 'Church of the Creator'.
The organization was initially founded as the Church of the Creator by Ben Klassen in early 1973 with the publication and submission of the White Mans Bible at the library of congress and was later led by Matthew Hale, until his incarceration on January 8, 2003 for plotting to murder a federal judge.
Matt Hale prefixed the name with "World" in 1996 in an effort to symbolize the organizations global mission of attaining a world wide white world with out Jews and non-Whites. At the time of the religions creation in 1973, Klassen wrote, "We completely reject the Judeo-democratic-Marxist values of today and supplant them with new and basic values, of which race is the foundation."
Doctrine of the organization
The "16 Commandments of Creativity" (http://www.creator.org/16command.html) constitute the stated doctrine of the organization:
1. It is the avowed duty and holy responsibility of each generation to assure and secure for all time the existence of the White Race upon the face of this planet.
2. Be fruitful and multiply. Do your part in helping to populate the world with your own kind. It is our sacred goal to populate the lands of this earth with White people exclusively.
3. Remember that the inferior colored races are our deadly enemies, and that the most dangerous of all is the Jewish race. It is our immediate objective to relentlessly expand the White Race, and keep shrinking our enemies.
4. The guiding principle of all your actions shall be:What is best for the White Race?
5. You shall keep your race pure. Pollution of the White Race is a heinous crime against Nature and against your own race.
6. Your first loyalty belongs to the White Race.
7. Show preferential treatment in business dealings with members of your own race. Phase out all dealings with Jews as soon as possible. Do not employ niggers or other coloreds. Have social contacts only with members of your own racial family.
8. Destroy and banish all Jewish thought and influence from society. Work hard to bring about a White world as soon as possible.
9. Work and Creativity are our genius. We regard work as a noble pursuit and our willingness to work as a blessing to our race.
10. Decide in early youth that during your lifetime you will make at least one major lasting contribution to the White Race.
11. Uphold the honor of your race at all time.
12. It is our duty and our privilege to further Nature's plan by striving towards the advancement and improvement of our future generations.
13. You shall honor, protect and venerate the sanctity of the family unit, and hold it sacred. It is the present link in the long golden chain of our White Race.
14. Throughout your life you shall faithfully uphold our pivotal creed of Blood, Soil and Honor. Practice it diligently, for it is the heart of our faith.
15. As a proud member of the White Race, think and act positively, be courageous, confident and aggressive. Utilize constructively your creative ability.
16. We, the Racial Comrades of the White Race, are determined to regain complete and unconditional control of our own destiny.
Violent acts of members
In the words of Klassen, "We have a non-violent religious movement. We have a comprehensive plan as to how to achieve a Whiter and Brighter World. Every step along the way is legal, constitutional and non-violent." The Creator Membership Manual states: "any member of the Church who either commits crimes (other than unconstitutional violations of our right to freedom of speech, assembly, etc.) or encourages others to do so, will be subject to expulsion from the Church." But although the organization itself preaches non-violence, several of its members and officers have engaged in racially motivated criminal acts.
In 1991, Harold Mansfield Jr., an African-American Persian Gulf War veteran, was murdered in a parking lot in Neptune Beach, Florida, when he charged at Church members George Loeb and his wife Barbara with a brick. Two members of the Church of the Creator, George and Barbara Loeb, were arrested on June 6 and charged with the crime. George Loeb was convicted of first-degree murder on July 29, 1992, and received a life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years; Barbara Loeb was sentenced to one year in jail on weapons possession charges. The organization has repeatedly stated Loeb was acting in self-defense when he committed the act. In March 1994, the murder victim's family successfully sued the organization, winning an award of $1 million in damages.
After the judgement was handed down, Klassen sold the organization's North Carolina compound, which housed its headquarters, in an attempt to unload the assets of the organization. He chose former telemarketer Richard McCarty as his successor, who moved the organization's headquarters to Niceville, Florida. Soon after appointing McCarty in the summer of 1993, Klassen committed suicide.
In 1999, the group earned further attention after member Benjamin Nathaniel Smith went on a shooting spree on the weekend of July 4, 1999. Before doing so, he formally resigned from the Church, so as to not let the Church be found guilty, by association, of anything that he was to do himself. Nonetheless, Smith is viewed as a martyr by the WCOTC.
On July 22, 2002, two members of the organization were found guilty in federal court of plotting to blow up Jewish and Black landmarks, around Boston, in what prosecutors said was a scheme to spark a "racial holy war." A federal jury deliberated seven hours over two days before convicting Leo Felton, the 31-year-old the mixed-race son of civil rights activists, and his 22-year-old girlfriend, Erica Chase.
A January 11, 2003 speech by Hale was titled, The Invasion of Maine by Somalis and How We Can End It.
In July 2004, Hardy Lloyd, a disciple of Hale, killed his girlfriend in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Hale has often praised the "Reverend Lloyd" as a great asset to the Creativity Movement.
Trademark litigation over "Church of the Creator" and plot to murder a federal judge
In 2000, the Oregon-based TE-TA-MA Truth Foundation filed a lawsuit against the WCOTC for using the term "Church of the Creator," which the Oregon group had registered as a trademark. Early in 2002, the following judge ruled in favor (http://web.archive.org/web/20030410141837/www.creator.org/pressrelease/theirstyle2a.htm) of the World Church of the Creator. However, this decision was appealed by TE-TA-MA (http://web.archive.org/web/20030423173442/www.creator.org/legal/Te-Ta-Ma.pdf) In a reversal of the previous ruling by a higher court, in November 2002, the onus fell on U.S. District Court Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow enforcing an injunction in favor of the TE-TA-MA group, barring the use of the name by Hale's organization.
In December 2002 the group announced it was moving its headquarters to Riverton, Wyoming, in what the Anti-Defamation League said was an effort to avoid the court injunction barring use of the name. That same month the church sued (http://web.archive.org/web/20030304201133/www.creator.org/pressrelease/theirstyle2y.htm) the judge claiming she had taken and destroyed the Church's Bibles. On January 8, 2003, Hale was arrested and charged with trying to hire and direct his security chief Anthony Evola to murder Judge Lefkow. Evola, an FBI informant who had been a member of the group for at least two and a half years, had instead notified law enforcement of the plot. Hale was arrested as he arrived at Chicago's federal courthouse to face a possible charge of contempt of court for refusing to obey Lefkow's ruling. He was found guilty of four of the five counts against him on April 26, 2004.
On Dec. 19th 2002, Matt Hale registered a trademark on the name "Creativity Movement" and changed the name of his organization to the Creativity Movement to avoid legal problems. However, there were still mentions of the name 'Church of the Creator' in the vast majority of the Churches books which were published from 1973 to 1994 bringing more legal action against the organization for not removing those trademarked terms on the digitized versions of the book online.
- Creativity Movement Collection of Meeting Videos (http://www.solargeneral.com/library/video.html)
- Creativity Ohio (http://www.creativityohio.com/) (All Creator books Online)
- Creativity World Wide (http://www.creator.org/) (Creativity Information Center)
- Creativity Movement World Center (http://www.creativitymovement.us/)
- Creativity Movement Poland (http://tworca.org/)
- Klassen's Teachings (http://www.rahowa.com/)
- Free Matt Hale (http://matthale.org/)
- Brian Kozel Brigade (http://www.rahowa.us/)
- The Creator Discussion Forum (http://www.creatorforum.com/forum/)
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance (http://www.religioustolerance.org/wcotc.htm) entry on the World Church of the Creator and its "violent history"
- ADL - White Supremacist Group Fined $1,000 a Day (http://www.adl.org/learn/news/WCOTC_1000.asp) May 1, 2003
- TE-TA-MA Truth Foundation press release (http://www.churchofthecreator.org/TM/TMindex.html) on winning trademark litigation over the name "Church of the Creator"
- CNN: "White supremacist guilty of plotting to kill judge" (http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/26/white.supremacist.trial.ap/index.html)