The term unlockable games refers to full video games that can be unlocked within another videogame, often as easter eggs. Often these unlockable games are earlier entries of the series of the game in which they are hidden, such as NES Ninja Gaiden series in the Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden, which become available after beating the game with certain requirements. âComputer and video gamesâ redirects here. ...
A virtual Easter egg is a hidden message or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, or video game. ...
âNESâ redirects here. ...
Ninja Gaiden is a beat em up game for the NES developed by Tecmo. ...
The Xbox is a sixth generation era video game console produced by Microsoft Corporation. ...
Ninja Gaiden is a 2004 action-adventure video game developed by Team Ninja. ...
- See also: Minigame
In Fantastic Dizzy, the player has to complete a sliding puzzle to get an extra life. ...
- In Pitfall: the mayan adventure, you can unlock the original Pitfall game.
- In the PC game Day of the Tentacle by LucasArts you could play Maniac Mansion, the prequel to Day of the Tentacle.
- Animal Crossing features nineteen unlockable NES games.
- In Donkey Kong 64, the games Jetpac and the original Donkey Kong can be unlocked in Kranky Kong's lab and Frantic Factory respectively.
- In Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, the arcade versions of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back can be unlocked by meeting certain requirements.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus features the TMNT arcade and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare features TMNT: Turtles in Time.
- Metroid was an unlockable in two different games: by finishing Metroid Fusion and connecting it to Metroid Prime with the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable; in Metroid: Zero Mission it becomes available after beating the game.
- In House of the Dead III for Xbox, House of the Dead 2 can be unlocked after you beat the game.
- In Prince of Persia: Sands of Time players can unlock the original Prince of Persia.
- In Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, players can unlock 12 Sega Game Gear games: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Drift, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Spinball, Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, Tails' Skypatrol, Sonic Blast and Tails Adventure.
- In Pac-Man World 2, Players can Unlock 4 classic Pacman games in the arcade by collecting a certain amount of tokens. The games are Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Attack, and Pac-Mania.
- In Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the original Wolfenstein 3D is unlocked after the player completes the game.
- In Duke Nukem 3D, Death Tanks Zwei is unlocked from codes or by completing a series of in-game tasks.
- In Project Gotham Racing 2, Geometry Wars is unlocked by entering the garage, entering walk mode, walking to an arcade machine, and pressing A.
- In Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Snakes Nightmare is unlockable by saving and loading your game while in the prison cell. While this is not a full fledged game, it is reminicient of many other video games.