Timeline of the burrito Timeline may refer to: Chronology -- see also list of timelines Timeline can be offered in inverse order, before the newer events and later the old ones. ...
A Big Kahuna burrito from Costa Vida South Portland, Maine. ...
- Burrito created in 1840s American Southwest/Northwestern Mexico. Spiced meat wrapped in flour tortillas made popular by gold miners who worked with burros. Janey M. Rifkin in Hispanic Times Magazine claims this was the original source of meat. If true, it would be out of desperation; burro meat is not considered palatable
// Events and Trends Technology First use of general anesthesia in an operation, by Crawford Long The first electrical telegraph sent by Samuel Morse on May 24, 1844 from Baltimore to Washington, D.C.. War, peace and politics First signing of the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi) on February...
The Southwest region of the United States is drier than the adjoining Midwest in weather; the population is less dense and, with strong Spanish-American and Native American components, more ethnically varied than neighboring areas. ...
Gold mining consists of the processes and techniques employed in the removal of gold from the ground. ...
Binomial name Equus asinus Linnaeus, 1758 The donkey, a. ...
- Alejandro Borquez opens Sonora cafe in Los Angeles (later renamed El Cholo Spanish Cafe)
- Burrito mentioned in U.S. media for first time.
- Restaurente del Bol Corona opens in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Restaurant Xochimilco opens in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- Burritos appear on menu at El Tepeyec in East Los Angeles. They are served on plates and offered wet (with sauce)
- El Faro offers early San Francisco burrito
- Mi Rancho market sells burritos in the deli in SF
- La Cumbre offers first assembly line burrito in SF
- La Taqueria opens in SF
- Tia Sophia's in Santa Fe, New Mexico credited with inventing the breakfast burrito
- Taqueria Pancho Villa opens in SF
- Santana's Mexican Grill opens; invents San Diego-style "California burrito"
- Burrito Brothers opens in Washington D.C.
- Taco Bell, Carl's Jr. add breakfast burrito to morning menu
- 100 burrito establishments in Mission District
- Skyline Chili adds burritos to menu
- 25,000 burritos consumed daily in SF.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill founded
- SF Weekly publishes John Roemer's essay, "Cylindrical God"
- Taco Del Mar opens in Seattle. Popularizes 1.5 lb "mission-style" burrito"
- World Wrapps opens
- CSPI analyzes fat content of burritos
- World's largest burrito stretches 1.09 km, weighing 2041 kg
- Washington Post sends Peter Fox to search for origins of burrito
Flag Seal Nickname: City of Angels Location Location within Los Angeles County in the state of California Coordinates , Government State County California Los Angeles County Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa (D) Geographical characteristics Area City 1,290. ...
American Media, Inc. ...
Geography Tijuana is a city in northwestern Mexico. ...
A San Francisco burrito (photo from Sparkletack. ...
Nickname: The City Different Location in the State of New Mexico Coordinates: Country United States State New Mexico County Santa Fe Founded 1607 Mayor David Coss Area - City 96. ...
Aerial photo (looking NW) of the Washington Monument and the White House in Washington, DC. Washington, D.C., officially the District of Columbia (also known as D.C.; Washington; the Nations Capital; the District; and, historically, the Federal City) is the capital city and administrative district of the United...
Taco Bell Corp. ...
A typical Carls Jr. ...
Mission Theatre on Mission Street The Mission or the Mission District is the name of a neighborhood in San Francisco, California. ...
Skyline Chili location on Vine Street in Downtown Cincinnati. ...
Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) is a Denver, Colorado-based chain of restaurants specializing in San Francisco burritos and tacos. ...
A SF Weekly newsstand on Sansome Street in San Francisco SF Weekly is a weekly free newspaper in San Francisco, California. ...
- Charles Hodgkins begins gathering taqueria data in San Francisco for Burritoeater.com
- Burritophile.com launches
- Freebirds World Burrito (TX) starts online orders
- Rubio's (CA) Lobster Burrito lawsuit
- Ryan Daniel Goff gets prison term for Taco Bell burrito extortion
- Moe's Southwest Grill (FL) starts annual competitive burrito eating contest
- Rosemary Gonzales arrested for smuggling drugs inside Taco Bell burrito
- After hearing expert testimony, Massachusetts judge rules that a burrito is not a sandwich
Timeline of agriculture and food technology 12000 BC - Natufians in the Levant begin cultivating wild grasses. ...
- ^ Rifkin, Janey M. (March, 2001). A View of Acculturation. Mexicans in California. Hispanic Times Magazine.
- ^ a b Duggan, Tara. (Apr. 29, 2001). (The Silver Torpedo. San Francisco Chronicle.