"Survival of the Idiots" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season two. This article or section is not written in the formal tone expected of an encyclopedia article. ...
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
Brief summary: Sandy is hibernating, and SpongeBob and Patrick go inside Sandy's treedome, where it is snowing inside. But when they find that the door is frozen shut, they have to survive the winter.
Time cards shown: None
Songs: Les Pâtineurs This article or section does not adequately cite its references or sources. ...
Patrick Star is a fictional animated character in the hit Nickelodeon animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants. ...
Sandy Cheeks is a fictional animated character in the Nickelodeon animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants. ...
Les Patineurs or The Skaters or Die SchlittschuhlÃ¤ufer (German) op. ...
SpongeBob and Patrick are racing to Sandy's treedome to play. However, it has a metal cover on it, and a 'KEEP OUT' sign. They go inside, and there's a video explaining that Sandy's hibernating, and they shouldn't disturb her. Patrick insists that they should go in. They open the door, and see that the house is filled with snow (although they don't know what it is yet). They go into the tree and find Sandy, sleeping.
Sandy appears to be a lot bigger than usual. She doesn't wake up. However, when they make too much noise in her room, she attempts to skin them in her sleep-until she falls back into her bed, asleep. SpongeBob and Patrick leave the tree to play in the snow. But then she comes out and begins to attack SpongeBob and Patrick up while sleeping. A fight begins.
She immediately throws Patrick aside when he is not looking, and then chases SpongeBob until he falls into a hole. SpongeBob tries to throw a piece of wood at her, but Patrick comes and gets in the way, accidentally taking the hit. He falls into the ditch and then Sandy pounces on them, beats them up, buries them alive, and goes back to bed. As the winter storm gets more intense, they try to escape and find that the door's frozen shut. Because of the cold weather, they steal Sandy's fur and use them as clothes. But then, winter quickly comes to an end and Sandy wakes up, normal sized, but with no fur. And she looks really bad without it. Before SpongeBob and Patrick can escape, she finds them. Until her fur grows back, she ties SpongeBob and Patrick to her.
- The title is a reference to "Survival of the Fittest".
- According to the audio commentary for this episode, this episode was originally supposed to have a different title.
- Changes from the beginning: Sandy's bed was originally hanging from the ceiling. And when she was sleeping, there was much more saliva, which was changed to make it less gross.
- When Sandy jumps at SpongeBob and Patrick in the hole, SpongeBob has no feet. Another error was that, when they first opened the door to Sandy's house, there was no door to her tree.
- At the end of the episode, when the snow has melted and Sandy first sees Spongebob and Patrick with her fur, there is no water left in the treedome. However, this doesn't affect Spongebob and Patrick.
- When Patrick says, "I'm so cold, I'm shivering," part of his skin cracks off. But when we see him again, his skin is back on.
- Patrick: Oh look! Sandy's on the eating channel!
Sandy: (on TV) Howdy. If y'all are watching this, it means I'm asleep for the winter. This sleep is called "hibernation". During hibernation, animals don't like to woken up. So, do not disturb. (looks serious) That means you, SpongeBob. See TV (disambiguation) for other uses and Television (band) for the rock band European networks National In much of Europe television broadcasting has historically been state dominated, rather than commercially organised, although commercial stations have grown in number recently. ...
This article is about the process of hibernation in biology. ...
- SpongeBob: What is this stuff?
Patrick: It's a vast, swirling wonderland of sparkling white pleasure. Let it fill your senses with cascading fluffy pillows of excitment and comfort, as you've never felt them before. Spongebob: Wow Patrick! That was beautiful. Patrick: What? I was just reading this candy wrapper, see?
- SpongeBob: Let's amscray.
- Patrick: When are you going to learn, SpongeBob? No means yes.
- Spongebob: Alright Pinhead, your time is up.
Patrick (with a pointy head): Who ya callin Pinhead? I want to be Dirty Dan. SpongeBob: What makes you think you could be Dirty Dan? Patrick: (Proudly) I'm dirty.
- Patrick: I'm so cold, I'm shivering!
Spongebob: I'm so cold, I can use my nose drippings as a pair of chopsticks! Patrick: I'm so cold...I'm shivering!
- Spongebob: Maybe we can build a fire. I've got it! We'll burn the bark from Sandy's tree! (He peels some bark off of the tree.)
Sandy (still sleeping): You're gonna be wearing an iron lung when I'm through with you, Pinhead. (Spongebob tapes it back up.) Spongebob: The fire's not going to happen, Patrick.
- Spongebob: (Looking at Sandy) That's Disturbing.
Patrick: That's not disturbing, this is disturbing (Makes face with the skin on his back) Hi Spongebob, my name is PatBack.
Spongebob: That is disturbing!!