> St. Francis High School (Sacramento, California)
|St. Francis High School |
|"Pax et Bonum" |
|Established ||1940 |
|School type ||private Catholic |
|Religious affiliation ||Roman Catholic |
|President ||Ms. Marion L. Bishop |
|Location ||Sacramento, California, United States |
|Campus ||Suburban |
|Enrollment ||998 |
|Faculty ||71 |
|Average SAT |
|1683  |
|Athletics ||Twelve Sports  |
|Color(s) ||Red and Gold |
|Mascot ||Troubadour |
|Homepage ||http://www.stfrancishs.org/ |
The Roman Catholic Church, most often spoken of simply as the Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church, with over one billion members. ...
Ms or Ms. ...
Sacramento is a Spanish- and Portuguese-language word meaning sacrament; it is a common toponym in parts of the world where those tongues were or are spoken. ...
A troubadour composing lyrics, Germany c. ...
St. Francis High School, established in 1940, is a four-year, all-female college preparatory high school in Sacramento, California. It is the only Catholic high school in Sacramento affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento, and draws students from over fifty private and public feeder schools in the California counties of Sacramento, Yolo, El Dorado, and Placer. During the 2003-2004 school year, St. Francis completed construction on new buildings that doubled the size of its facilities. Sacramento is a Spanish- and Portuguese-language word meaning sacrament; it is a common toponym in parts of the world where those tongues were or are spoken. ...
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento is an ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Roman Catholic Church in the northern California region of the United States. ...
Currently enrolling 998 students, St. Francis historically sends 98-100% of its graduates to college. Admission to St. Francis is selective and based on a placement test, previous school record and recommendation. Tuition for the 2006-2007 school year was $9,550 plus a $600 non-refundable registration fee.
- 12 sports: 27 levels (Student Body Participation: 53%)
- School Colors: Red and Gold
- School Mascot: Troubadour
- Section: CIF Sac-Joaquin Section; Delta River League
Teams and 2005-06 Achievements The introduction to this article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter. ...
- Basketball: League – 1st, Section – 2nd round
- Cross Country: League - 1st, Section - 1st; State – 7th
- Golf: League – 1st
- Soccer: League – 1st, Section – 1st
- Softball: League – 3rd, Section 3rd
- Swimming/Diving: League – 1st, Section – 2nd
- Tennis: League – 1st, Section – 1st
- Track: League – 1st
- Waterpolo: League – 1st, Section – 1st
- Volleyball: League – 1st, Section – 1st, Norcal – 1st, State – 1st
- Lacrosse: (Third year) not in a league
- Named Cal-Hi Sports Girl’s School of the Year
Notes and references