> Sixteenth National Congress of the Communist Party of China
The delegates to the Sixteenth National Congress of the Communist Party of China elected a 356-member new Party Central Committee, as well as a 121-member Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI).
The Party National Congress examined and adopted the amendment to the Constitution of the Communist Party of China proposed by the 15th CPC Central Committee, and decided to come into force as from the date of its adoption. An amendment to the Constitution was approved the Party National Congress, with the of "Three Represents" written into it.
- Date: November 8-14, 2002;
- Place: Beijing;
- Number of delegates: 2,114 delegates; 40 specially invited delegates;
- Party membership: 66 million
Members of the Party Central Committee
The CPC Central Committee is composed of 198 full members and 158 alternate members, as well as a 121-member Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
- The Party General Secretary: Hu Jintao
- the Politburo Standing Committee: Jia Qinglin, Li Changchun, Luo Gan, Huang Ju, Wen Jiabao, Wu Guanzheng, Wu Bangguo and Zeng Qinghong
- the Political Bureau (Politburo): Wang Lequan, Wang Zhaoguo, Hui Liangyu (Hui), Liu Qi, Liu Yunshan, Li Changchun, Wu Yi (female), Wu Bangguo, Wu Guanzheng, Zhang Lichang, Zhang Dejiang, Chen Liangyu, Luo Gan, Zhou Yongkang, Hu Jintao, Yu Zhengsheng, He Guoqiang, Jia Qinglin, Guo Boxiong, Huang Ju, Cao Gangchuan, Zeng Qinghong, Zeng Peiyan, Wen Jiabao
- The Central Military Commission
- The Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI)