Uplandia Regiment, or Upplands regemente, also S 1, is a Swedish Army signaling regiment that traces its origins back to the 19th Century. It is still in active service.
The regiment has its origins in the field signaling (later telegraphing) company raised and subordinated to the army Pontoonering Battalion. It was redesignated to Field Telegraphing Corps in 1902 and became independent the same year. An aircraft squadron was created in 1916 and split from the unit in 1926. This would later become the Swedish Air Force.
The unit was reogranized and renamed to Signal Regiment with the designation S 1 (1st Signal Regiment) when the signaling troops became a separate arm in 1937. An in 1915 detached company of the unit later became Norrland Signal Regiment and another in 1944 detached company later became the Göta Signal Regiment.
The regiment was renamed to Uplandia Signal Regiment in 1957 and in 1957 to Uplandia Regiment, the same name was used by the infantry regiment Uplandia Regiment, although the signal regiment does not trace its origins from this regiment (but the victory names do).
The regimental colours are red and gold.
The regimental victory names Varberg 1565, Narva 1581, Lützen 1632, Warszawa 1656, Fredriksodde 1657, Tåget över Bält 1658, Rügen 1678, Düna 1701, Kliszow 1702, Holovczyn 1708, Helsingborg 1710 and Svensksund 1790.
The regimental motto is "Här finns inga omöjligheter" ("There are no impossibilities here").
The regimental names:
The regimental designations:
The regimental training grounds and garrison towns: