FACTOID # 13: New York has America's lowest percentage of residents who are veterans.
 
 Home   Encyclopedia   Statistics   States A-Z   Flags   Maps   FAQ   About 
   
 
WHAT'S NEW
 

SEARCH ALL

FACTS & STATISTICS    Advanced view

Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:

 

 

(* = Graphable)

 

 


Encyclopedia > Russell 2000

The Russell 2000 Index is a stock market index consisting of 2000 small cap US stocks. A comparison of three major stock indices: the NASDAQ Composite, Dow Jones Industrial Average, and S&P 500. ... Small-cap refers to stocks that have a small market capitalization. ...


The ticker is "RUT" or similar.


See Russell Indexes page for main discussion. The Russell Indexes (note that Russell uses Indexes rather than Indices) are a set of stock market indices of listed U.S. companies. ...


See also the iShares Russell 2000. iShares Russell 2000 Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund of US stocks. ...


External links

  • Yahoo! Finance page for ^RUT
  • Russell Indexes

  Results from FactBites:
 
Fool.com: Index Center (326 words)
The Russell 2000, one of 21 U.S. equity Russell indexes, is used to measure the performance of U.S. small company stocks ("small caps," in Street parlance).
They are actually the 2000 smallest companies in the Russell 3000 index, a broad based index that represents approximately 98% of the value of the investable U.S. equity market, but leaves out the tiny mini- and micro-cap stocks that make up the remaining 2%.
The Russell 2000 is the most widely quoted measure of the overall performance of the small- to mid-cap company shares.
Bertrand Russell (3963 words)
Russell's contributions to logic and the foundations of mathematics include his discovery of Russell's paradox, his defense of logicism (the view that mathematics is, in some significant sense, reducible to formal logic), his development of the theory of types, and his refining of the first-order predicate calculus.
Russell's response was to introduce the axiom of reducibility, an axiom that lessened the vicious circle principle's scope of application, but which many people claimed was too ad hoc to be justified philosophically.
Russell's social influence stems from three main sources: his long-standing social activism, his many writings on the social and political issues of his day, and his popularizations of technical writings in philosophy and the natural sciences.
  More results at FactBites »

 
 

COMMENTARY     


Share your thoughts, questions and commentary here
Your name
Your comments

Want to know more?
Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:

 


Press Releases |  Feeds | Contact
The Wikipedia article included on this page is licensed under the GFDL.
Images may be subject to relevant owners' copyright.
All other elements are (c) copyright NationMaster.com 2003-5. All Rights Reserved.
Usage implies agreement with terms, 1022, m