Rentokil Initial is a major business services group which was, until September 2006, a long term member of the FTSE 100 list of the 100 largest companies listed on the London Stock Exchange by market capitalisation. Formerly known as just Rentokil, the company became Rentokil Initial following the hostile takeover of its competitor BET (British Electric Traction) in 1996. BET owned a diverse range of service companies, ranging from transport, conference centres, catering, heavy plant hire and the 'Initial' brand of cleaning and washroom services companies. The acquisition brought on board catering (BET Catering), transport (United Transport), electronic security (Shorrock), conferencing (Style) and numerous other service related companies. September 2006 is the ninth month of 2006 and has begun on a Friday. ...
The Financial Times Stock Exchange Index of 100 Leading Shares, or FTSE 100 Index (pronounced footsie), is a share index of the 100 largest companies listed on the London Stock Exchange. ...
The Source by Greyworld, in the new LSE building Paternoster Square. ...
Market capitalization, often abbreviated to market cap, mkt. ...
British Electric Traction Company, PLC, was a leading manufacturer and operator of electric railway tram systems in England during the late 19th century and early 20th century. ...
Following the takeover, the company's divisions were each renamed under either the Rentokil or Initial brand.
The divisions are in four main areas, each with several sub-divisions as follows:
- Initial Healthcare Services (Healthcare and Washrooms Solutions)
- Initial Textile Services
- Rentokil Hygiene Services
- Initial Medical Services
- Rentokil Pest Control
- including the JC Ehrlich pest control company in the US acquired in early 2006
- Initial Security (Manned Guarding)
- UK and Canada businesses have been sold to MITIE and Garda respectively. Remaining Manned Guarding businesses in Belgium and USA are under review.
- Initial Electronic Security
- Initial Electronic Security Systems
- Facilities Management
- Initial Catering Services
- Initial Hospital Services
- Initial Building Services
- Rentokil IT Hygiene
- Rentokil Property Care
- Rentokil Wiper Services
- Rentokil Initial Management Services
- Rentokil Initial UK Cleaning
- Rentokil Consumer & Industrial Products
- Rentokil Environmental Health Products
- Rentokil Fire Protection Products
- Rentokil Initial Supplies
- Parcel Delivery
During the 1980s and 1990s Rentokil Initial achieved 20% growth every year for 14 years in a row under the leadership of then CEO, Sir Clive Thompson. During this period Rentokil Initial was voted "Britain's most admired" company. MITIE Group plc is a British business services company based in Bristol. ...
Garda can refer to An Garda SÃochÃ¡na, the national police of the Republic of Ireland. ...
City Link is a British courier company founded in 1969. ...
Sir Clive Thomson (born ca 1943) (aka Mr 20% or That Unreconstructed Thatcherite) was Chairman of European Home Retail (EHR), a company which has recently gone into administration, owing money to thousands of members of its Christmas savings club. ...
The company is now headed by Doug Flynn, former CEO of Aegis plc. Rentokil Initial's long spell in the FTSE 100 index came to an end in September 2006 when it was relegated to the FTSE 250. The FTSE 250 Index is a capitalisation weighted index of 250 companies on the London Stock Exchange. ...
- Rentokil Initial Corporate site
- Initial Property Services site, part of Rentokil Initial Plc
- Rentokil Pest Control site, part of Rentokil Initial Plc
- Initial Medical Services site, part of Rentokil Initial Plc
- IT Hygiene part of Rentokil Initial PLC