It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Turkish Literature. ...
Bust of Homer, one of the earliest European poets, in the British Museum Poetry (ancient Greek: ÏÎ¿Î¹ÎµÏ (poieo) = I create) is an art form in which human language is used for its aesthetic qualities in addition to, or instead of, its notional and semantic content. ...
Orhon (or Orkhon) inscriptions are the oldest known Turkic writings, which were erected near the Orhon River between 732 and 735 in honour of two Kokturk princes named Kul and Bilge. ...
Prose is writing distinguished from poetry by its greater variety of rhythm and its closer resemblance to the patterns of everyday speech. ...
National Literature (1911-1923)
- Ömer Seyfettin, short story author (1884-1920)
- Halide Edip Adıvar, novelist (1884-1964)
- Reşat Nuri Güntekin, novelist (1889-1956)
- Yakup Kadri Karaosmanoğlu, short story author (1889-1974)
- Fuat Köprülü, writer (1890-1966)
Turkish poet, novelist and diplomat (then senator). ...
Fuat KÃ¶prÃ¼lÃ¼ (December 5, 1890 - June 28, 1966), also known as KÃ¶prÃ¼lÃ¼zade, was a Turkish politician and historian. ...
Republican Period Literature (1923- )
- Cevat Şakir Kabaağaçlı, novelist (1890-1973)
- Orhan Kemal, novelist (1914-1970)
- Murathan Mungan, novelist, poet, playwright (1955-)
- Orhan Hançerlioğlu novelist (1916-1991)
- Samim Kocagöz, novelist (1916-1993)
- Semiha Ayverdi, novelist (1916-1993)
- Tarık Buğra, novelist (1918-1994)
- Yusuf Atılgan, novelist (1921-1989)
- Yasar Kemal, novelist (1923- )
- Fakir Baykurt, novelist (1929-1999)
- Oguz Atay, novelist (1934-1977)
- Tomris Uyar, novelist (1941-2003)
- Ahmet Altan, novelist (1950-)
- Orhan Pamuk, novelist (1952- )
Murathan Mungan is a Turkish author, playwright and poet. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Orhan Pamuk Orhan Pamuk (born on June 7, 1952 in Istanbul, Turkey) is a leading Turkish novelist of post-modern literature. ...
- Memduh Şevket Esendal, short story author (1883-1952)
- Kenan Hulusi Koray, short story author (1906-1943)
- Sait Faik Abasıyanık, short story author (1906-1954)
- Kemal Tahir, short story author (1910-1973)
- Haldun Taner, short story author and dramatist (1915-1986)
- Aziz Nesin, humorist (1915-1995)
Aziz Nesin Aziz Nesin (1915-1995) has published over one hundred books. ...
- Falih Rıfkı Atay, journalist (1894-1971)
- Peyami Safa, journalist and novelist (1899-1961)
- Suut Kemal Yetkin, essayist (1903-1980)
- Sabahattin Ali, essayist (1907-1948)
- Kemal Bilbaşar, essayist (1910-1983)
- Cemil Meriç, essayist (1916-1987)
- Ruşen Eşref Ünaydın, essayist (1892-1959)
- Nurullah Ataç, essayist (1898-1957)
- Ahmet Hamdi Tanpınar, essayist (1901-1962)
needs new section
- Behçet Necatigil, dramatist (1916-1979)
- Necati Cumali, dramatist (1921- )
- Ahmet Kutsi Tecer, dramatist (1901-1967)
- Şevket Süreyya Aydemir, biographer (1897-1974)