| ||This article or section needs sources or references that appear in reliable, third-party publications. Alone, primary sources and sources affiliated with the subject of this article are not sufficient for an accurate encyclopedia article. Please include more appropriate citations from reliable sources. |
Screenshot from Priston Tale
Priston Tale is a 3D fantasy MMORPG that centres on action-based role-playing. The game, which originated in South Korea, was initially developed for the local market. It was created by Triglow Pictures Inc. (now known as Priston Inc.) and has since been published for Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, England, and now expanded to the Philippines and Brazil. In 2004, the English version of Priston Tale went out of public beta (in which it had remained for nearly 2 years) and became a commercial pay-to-play game. Then on the 17th of May 2007 Priston Tale announced free-to-play service for everyone. Instead, Priston Tale has cash shop in which you can pay real money for game items. Image File history File links Pristontale1. ...
Image File history File links Pristontale1. ...
For other uses, see Fantasy (disambiguation). ...
An image from World of Warcraft, one of the largest commercial MMORPGs as of 2004, based on active subscriptions. ...
An Action-RPG, or action role-playing game is a type of computer and console role-playing game which requires quick action or reflexes from the player. ...
For other uses, see England (disambiguation). ...
Some of the features of Priston Tale include a clan system, in-game shops, eight character classes, all of which can use every item available if they have the correct upgraded statistics (except for a few exceptions - armour, robes and orbs), four-tier skill system for each class, item upgrades, a simple yet involving battle system and an easy to use interface. Priston Tale is also intensive in potion using, and dying is moderately easy. The experience loss per death also tends to climb quite steeply (experience loss is based on a percentage of your obtained experience), mirroring the ever increasing experience needed to level.
The amount of players participating in Priston Tale has been on a slow but steady decline, however when free-to-play arrived, many people are rejoining the game as well as new players.
This is mostly about levelling only; though there are several activities players can participate in, which are essential to the game. Some of these activities are:
- Trading: Players are urged to participate in this, not only because money is necessary in the game, because equipments are easily gotten through this if they are proficient enough in their trading skills.
- Clans: Players can join clans, in which teamwork prevails. They are the core of the social community of the game. Clans can also participate in special events created for clans only.
- Bellatra: Bellatra (formerly known as Survive or Die) is a competition in which 4 teams with members of the same clan are forced to fight monsters until 2 teams are declared finalists. These 2 teams will continue fighting monsters until the last one survives. The winning team's Clan Chief acquires rights over the Bellatra, by being able to modify the monsters when the Chief fights next, by receiving an income from Bellatra, and more.
- Bless Castle: Bless Castle is a Player Vs. Player activity in which 1 clan holds and defends the castle from all other participating clans which can use siege equipment.
Throughout the game, the characters progress through a series of levels and they acquire skill points during this process. As they progress they get different items such as weapons and armour to help them in their quest of achieving the ultimate warrior. Items of this calibre usually require a larger amount of skill points in an area than the previous items. Armour in general helps the character stay alive longer by giving them different attributes. Weapons in general help the character defend themselves or attack any monster they wish with a lot more force. At the same time, there are certain specifications as to when players may wear such weapons and armour. These are mostly level and stat requirements. Also, there are certain specs for armour and weapons so that they may achieve their great performance and special stats. These may be found in game, written on the armour or weapon. (E.G. Fighter Spec, Knight Spec, etc.) Different Classes use different Weapons, like the knight mainly uses Two handed swords and blades whereas the archer uses bows and claws. The different items you get with specs determine which types of character classes use them. Most swords will come as knight or Mechanician spec when most wands/staves will come as magician spec. To find out more visit the Priston tale website and look for the help link
Priston Tale 2
A sequel to Priston Tale is currently in development. It looks to change and improve on many of the things featured in its predecessor. The development team stated at one point that they were "inexperienced" and had "learnt a lot" from the first version and that the second has had much better planning. Screenshots of the new game from E3 2006 depict many recognizable characters, enemies, and environments, albeit altered significantly. It uses unreal graphics engine 2.5.
A new game based on the original Priston Tale. Although not a sequel, it can be considered a redesigned version of Priston Tale or a side-story. It borrows many of the predecessor's characteristics, but includes a redesigned user interface and many new features. It includes 40 different advanced character classes based on 8 basic classes. As of March 2007, it has been released under the Alpha Testing Phase.
- Official English Priston Tale Site
- Korean Priston Tale 2 site
- Laxe Lore Official
Fan Site Links
- PTProphecy An old but active community forum
- PT Nation An active community forum
- Priston Secret An information site on the game