The First Junta or Primera Junta was the first goverment that appeared in Argentina after the May Revolution. The government was located in El Fuerte (spanish: the fort), which had been used since 1776 as a residence by the viceroys. The Casa Rosada has been erected on this location. The May Revolution (Spanish Revolución de Mayo) was the first independence attempt in the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata. ...
This article is about the year 1776. ...
A viceroy is somebody who governs a country or province as a substitute for the monarch. ...
The Casa Rosada (Pink House), officially known as the Palacio de Gobierno (Government Palace), is the official residence of the President of Argentina. ...
The principles that the May Revolution proclaimed were:
- Popular soverignity
- Principle of representativeness and federalization
- Division of powers and duration of the mandates
- Publication of the goverment's actions
Primera Junta Members
- Mariano Moreno
- Juan José Paso
- Manuel Alberti
- Miguel de Azcuenaga
- Manuel Belgrano
- Juan José Castelli
- Domingo Matheu
- Juan Larrea
This Junta governed in the name of the King of Spain, Ferdinand VII, but some members such as Moreno, wanted to cut ties once and for all with that country. Categories: Stub ...
Ferdinand VII (October 14, 1784 - September 29, 1833) was King of Spain from 1813 to 1833. ...
Created on May 25, 1810, it was replaced on December 18 of the same year by the Junta Grande. May 25 is the 145th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar (146th in leap years). ...
1810 was a common year starting on Monday (see link for calendar). ...
December 18 is the 352nd day of the year (353rd in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar. ...
- Invited the provinces to send deputees to participate in a Congress.
- Created La Gazeta de Buenos Aires by a decree, making it the first newspaper to be used for political propaganda criolla.
- Founded the Public Library and fomented primary education.
- Attended native americans needs and population health care.
- Created the first Navy Squad and the Army.
- Created the Deparment of Commerce and War. (spanish: Departamento de Comercio y Guerra)
- Opened the Militar School of Mathematics (spanish: Escuela Militar de Matemática)
- Opened new ports to speed up exportation of products.
- Promoted the selling of lands in border zones, to incentivate population of the whole territory and take advantage of the natural resources.
- Ordered the detention of the viceroy Cisneros.
- Ordered the arrest of Santiago de Liniers.
- Send Mariano Moreno in a diplomatic mission to London.
This article is about political regions. ...
Creola is a town located in Mobile County, Alabama. ...
The Clock Tower of the Palace of Westminster which contains Big Ben A red double-decker bus crosses Piccadilly Circus. ...
The active secretary of the Junta, Mariano Moreno, was relegating president Cornelio Saveedra to a second plane. Militian authorities, fearing on this lost of power by Saaverdra, pressured to relegate Moreno. Moreno, on the other hand, succeded on the aproval of decrees that limited Saavedra and others. On december, 1810, when tension was reaching it's peak, Saavedra succeded in getting the support by the deputies of the provices from the interior of country and gave Moreno a political setback, which forced him to present his resignation on December 18th. With this resignation, the integration of the deputies from the other provinces to the new government became possible. Thus the Primera Junta was dissolved and was replaced by the Junta Grande.