Peperami is a pork sausage snack manufactured by Unilever. According to Unilever, it was first shipped to the UK by accident in a container which was supposed to be carrying pate. The company decided to attempt to sell the shipment to the UK market under the brand name 'Peperami'. Several new varieties have been introduced over the years with varying degrees of success. Plate with German Wurst (liver, blood and ham sausage) A sausage consists of ground meat, animal fat, salt, and spices, and sometimes other ingredients such as herbs, usually packed in a casing. ...
Unilever is a widely listed   multi-national, formed of Anglo-Dutch parentage, that owns many of the worlds consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. ...
In 2007 to try to retain appeal to an evermore health conscious market the manufacturers of Peperami revised the formula to produce a product with a reduction in fat, saturated fat, and salt content.
- Original, sold in a green packet (available in regular and snack size types). Spiciness: Mild
- Hot, sold in a red packet (available in regular and snack size types). Spiciness: Hot
- Firestick, sold in a black packet (available in regular only). Spiciness: Extremely Hot.
- Wideboy, sold in a green packet and the same flavour as Original; only wider in dimension.
- Peperami Dunkers, a snack-size sausage with a dipping sauce
- Peperami Sarni, a handheld snack with sausage, tomato sauce ,and cheese, wrapped in soft bread
- Canniballs, a sausage wrapped in crusty brown bread
- Peperami Noodles, a snack similar to Super Noodles which comes with Peperami slices and powdered flavouring.
Cooked Super Noodles Super Noodles are a dehydrated noodle snack, made by Batchelors in the UK and sold under the McDonnells brand in the Republic of Ireland. ...
- Cheesy Peperami, sold in an orange packet; a version of the Original pepperami but made entirely from a "spicy" processed cheese
- Peperami in a Roll, sold a green packet; an Original Peperami wrapped in hard bread
- Gobbler, sold in a purple packet; a turkey-flavoured version of the Original
The brand is advertised by "the animal" ("That crazy wee fella"), voiced by Adrian Edmondson. The product is marketed as The Spicy Meat Snack with the slogan "Peperami: It's a Bit of an Animal". The snack size types are marketed under the tagline "Peperami Mini: It's a Little Bit of an Animal". The hot variety is marketed with the tagline "Peperami Hot: It's a Fiery Peperami". The fire stick variety is marketed with the tagline "Peperami Firestick: It's a Red Hot Peperami". The noodles are marketed with the tagline "Peperami Noodles: It's Peperami, Gone a Bit Noodles". A video game, Animal, was made featuring the Peperami character. Adrian Charles Edmondson (born 24 January 1957) is an English actor, comedian, director, and writer. ...
Animal is a video game starring the Peperami character. ...
Peperami Original is generally made with 27g of meat for every 25g of sausage and Peperami Wideboy is made from 60g of meat per 40g sausage. This is due to weight loss when the meat is dried, from the loss of moisture in the meat.
- Peperami Original are 89% fat.
- Peperami Wideboy are 94% fat.
- ^ Unlevers Peperami page.