Penglai City (蓬莱市 Pinyin Pénglái), a subsection of Yantai City, Shandong Province, China.
Penglai is the northmost part of mainland Yantai and in central Yantai. Except Bohai Sea to the north, Penglai is entirely surrounded by Yantai: west of Fushan District, east of Longkou City, north of Qixia City. Its geographic coordinates are l20°35'-121°09' E, 37°25'-37°50' N.
374,400 Penglai citizens in agricultural industry, the rest 75,600 are in other sectors.
The city contains seven townships (镇), three districts (区), and five street offices (街道办事处):
- Beigou Town (北沟镇): contains Xicheng Port Industrial Park (西城临港工业区)
- Chaoshui Town (潮水镇)
- Cunli Town (村里集镇)
- Daliu Town (大柳行镇): contains a nameskae industrial park
- Daxindian Town (大辛店镇)
- Dengzhou Street Office (登州街道办事处): where Qin Shi Huang reputedly visited to gain immortality
- Liujiagou Town (刘家沟镇)
- Nanwang Street Office (南王街道办事处)
- Penglai Economic Development Zone (蓬莱经济开发区): contains three industrial parks
- Penglai Tourism-Vacation Area (蓬莱旅游度假区)
- Penglai Urban District (蓬莱城区)
- Penglaige Street Office (蓬莱阁街道办事处)
- Xiaomenjia Town (小门家镇)
- Xingang Street Office (新港街道办事处)
- Zijing Street Office (紫荆山街道办事处)
Together, the three qu (zone, district, and area) co-exist with the coastal Xingang Street Office.
- 中国蓬莱 (Penglai, China) (http://www.penglai.gov.cn/): official municipal government (in Simplified Chinese)
The mystical Penglai Mountain (蓬萊山) is sometimes also an island. It is often said to be the base for the Eight Immortals, or at least where they travel to have a famous (in painting) banquet. The latter story started a saying that a certain scenic region in Penglai City, Shanghai was the arrival points of the Immortals.
Penglai Township (蓬萊鄉) is in Yilan, Taiwan.