National Taiwan University Hospital (NTUH, 國立台灣大學附設醫院) started operations in Dadaocheng on June 20, 1895, and moved to its present location in 1897. Work on the graceful Renaissance architecture of the current west-side building dates to 1912, and the last stone was laid in 1921. At that time, the NTUH was the largest and most modern hospital in southeast Asia. Taiwan Hospital was annexed to the Medical School of Taipei Imperial University, and renamed Taipei Imperial University Medical School Affiliated Hospital in 1937.
Thre present name was adopted in 1949 when the Taipei Imperial University was renamed the National Taiwan University after Republic of China government took over the hospital in 1945. On October 19, 1991, the completion of a large new building on the East Site marked another milestone in the history of the NTUH. Now, the East and West Sites are operating smoothly, with more than 4,000 employees serving approximately 2,000 inpatients and 7,000 outpatients daily. The hospital remains the best-known and most highly-renowned medical center in Taiwan.
Official website (http://ntuh.mc.ntu.edu.tw/english/)
Share your thoughts, questions and commentary here
Want to know more? Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:
Press Releases |
The Wikipedia article included on this page is licensed under the
Images may be subject to relevant owners' copyright.
All other elements are (c) copyright NationMaster.com 2003-5. All Rights Reserved.
Usage implies agreement with terms, 1022, m