The NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award is given annually by the Associated Press to the offensive player of the National Football League believed to have had the most outstanding season. Multiple-award winners include Marshall Faulk and Earl Campbell, both of whom won the award three times each, as well as Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, and Terrell Davis, all two-time award winners. The Associated Press, or AP, is an American news agency, the worlds largest such organization. ...
In sport, offense (American English) and offence (British English and Canadian English) is the action of attacking or engaging an opposing team with the objective of scoring points or goals. ...
The National Football League (NFL) is the largest professional American football league, consisting of thirty-two teams from American cities and regions. ...
This article or section does not adequately cite its references or sources. ...
Earl Christian Campbell (born March 29, 1955) is a former professional American Football running back and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. ...
Jerry Lee Rice (born October 13, 1962 in Crawford, Mississippi) is a former football wide receiver in the NFL. Rice is widely regarded as among the greatest wide receivers in NFL history, consistently showing exceptional performance and strong work ethic on and off of the field. ...
Barry David Sanders (born July 16, 1968) is a Hall of Fame American football running back from the NFL who spent his entire professional career with the Detroit Lions. ...
Terrell Lamar Davis (born October 28, 1972 in San Diego, California) is a former American football running back who played for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League from 1995 to 2001. ...
NFL Offensive Players of the Year
- 1972 - Larry Brown, RB Washington Redskins
- 1973 - O.J. Simpson, RB Buffalo Bills
- 1974 - Ken Stabler, QB Oakland Raiders
- 1975 - Fran Tarkenton, QB Minnesota Vikings
- 1976 - Bert Jones, QB Baltimore Colts
- 1977 - Walter Payton, RB Chicago Bears
- 1978 - Earl Campbell, RB Houston Oilers
- 1979 - Earl Campbell, RB Houston Oilers
- 1980 - Earl Campbell, RB Houston Oilers
- 1981 - Ken Anderson, QB Cincinnati Bengals
- 1982 - Dan Fouts, QB San Diego Chargers
- 1983 - Joe Theismann, QB Washington Redskins
- 1984 - Dan Marino, QB Miami Dolphins
- 1985 - Marcus Allen, RB Los Angeles Raiders
- 1986 - Eric Dickerson, RB Los Angeles Rams
- 1987 - Jerry Rice, WR San Francisco 49ers
- 1988 - Roger Craig, RB San Francisco 49ers
- 1989 - Joe Montana, QB San Francisco 49ers
- 1990 - Warren Moon, QB Houston Oilers
- 1991 - Thurman Thomas, RB Buffalo Bills
- 1992 - Steve Young, QB San Francisco 49ers
- 1993 - Jerry Rice, WR San Francisco 49ers
- 1994 - Barry Sanders, RB Detroit Lions
- 1995 - Brett Favre, QB Green Bay Packers
- 1996 - Terrell Davis, RB Denver Broncos
- 1997 - Barry Sanders, RB Detroit Lions
- 1998 - Terrell Davis, RB Denver Broncos
- 1999 - Marshall Faulk, RB St. Louis Rams
- 2000 - Marshall Faulk, RB St. Louis Rams
- 2001 - Marshall Faulk, RB St. Louis Rams
- 2002 - Priest Holmes, RB Kansas City Chiefs
- 2003 - Jamal Lewis, RB Baltimore Ravens
- 2004 - Peyton Manning, QB Indianapolis Colts
- 2005 - Shaun Alexander, RB Seattle Seahawks
- 2006 - LaDainian Tomlinson, RB San Diego Chargers