Ministry of Defence (Sri Lanka)
The President of Sri Lanka and Minister of Defence, Public Security, Law & Order Hon. Mahinda Rajapakse The President of Sri Lanka is the head of state and dominant political figure in Sri Lanka. ...
t : +94 11 2324 801, +94 11 2430 860 f : +94 11 2430 590 e : firstname.lastname@example.org
official web site-- www.defence.lk
" FORMULATION and execution of strategies with regard to defence and safeguarding territorial integrity and sovereignty of Sri Lanka. " RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
MINISTRY of Defence is responsible for the formulation, co-ordination and the execution of policies in relation to the security of the country.
- Maintenance of internal security and defence of Sri Lanka.
- Implementation and maintenance of the Prevention of terrorism Act No. 48 of 1979 as amended by the Act No. 10 of 1982.
- Maintenance of the Commonwealth war Memorials and the war Graves.
- Supervision and maintenance of the establishment matters of the three services and the Kotalawala Defence Academy.
- Supervision and maintenance of the establishment matters of the National Cadets Corps.
In pursuance of the above objectives the Ministry of Defence provides policy directives and guidelines to the Departments functioning under it.
- The Department of Immigration of Emigration
- Department of Registration of Persons
- The National Dangerous Drugs Control Board
- General Sir John Kothalawala Defence Academy
This article or section is in need of attention from an expert on the subject. ...
The multinational Combined Task Force One Five Zero (CTF-150) The British Grand Fleet, the supreme naval force of World War I A rare occurrence of a 5-country multinational fleet, during Operation Enduring Freedom in the Oman Sea. ...
An Air force is a military or armed service that primarily conducts aerial warfare. ...
- Maintenance of the defence in Sri Lanka.
- Maintenance of General Sir John Kothalawala Defence Academy.
- Administration of the Directorate of Foreign Intelligence & the Directorate of Internal Intelligence.
- Administration of the Language Training Institute at Kotmale.
- Administration of the Sri Lanka Institute of Strategic Studies.
- Administration of the National Cadet Corps.
- Administration of the Home Guard Service.