Miguel Delibes (born 1920) is a Spanish novelist and member of the Real Academia Española. Born in Valladolid, Spain, Delibes studied law and economics and from 1945 was a professor of commercial law at the University of Valladolid, also working as a journalist. 1920 (MCMXX) was a leap year starting on Thursday (link will take you to calendar) // Events January January 3 - Babe Ruth is traded by the Boston Red Sox to the New York Yankees for $125,000, the largest sum ever paid for a player at that time. ...
A novel (from French nouvelle Italian novella, new) is an extended, generally fictional narrative in prose. ...
The Real Academia EspaÃ±ola (Spanish for Royal Spanish Academy, RAE) is the institution responsible for regulating the Spanish language. ...
Plaza Mayor and city hall, Valladolid Valladolid is an industrial city and its municipality in central Spain, upon the Rio Pisuerga and within the Ribera del Duero region. ...
Weighing scales represent the way law balances peoples interests For other senses of this word, see Law (disambiguation). ...
Face-to-face trading interactions among on the New York Stock Exchange trading floor Economics, as a social science, studies the production, distribution, and consumption of commodities. ...
1945 (MCMVL) was a common year starting on Monday (the link is to a full 1945 calendar). ...
The University of Valladolid is believed to be the oldest university in the Spanish-speaking world, having been founded at the beginning of the 13th century. It currently has 31,780 undergraduate students and over 2,000 faculty. External links Official Website(Spanish language) Official Website in English...
His first novel was La sombra del ciprés es alargada in 1947. It won the Premio Nadal. In 1950 El camino told of the process undergone by a boy in the discovery of life and experience. En 1953 Delibes published Mi idolatrado hijo Sisí, an opinion novel in which he tackles the life of the provincial bourgeoisie in Valladolid. 1947 (MCMXLVII) was a common year starting on Wednesday (the link is to a full 1947 calendar). ...
Spanish literary prize awarded 6 January of every year since 1944 by the editorial house Ediciones Destino. ...
1950 (MCML) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will take you to calendar). ...
1953 (MCMLIII) was a common year starting on Thursday. ...
Bourgeoisie (RP , GA ) in modern use refers to the ruling class in a capitalist society. ...
Other novels are La hoja roja (1959); Las ratas (1962), built from the starting point of a succession of anecdotes in which he recalls a disappeared village in Castile; and, above all, Cinco horas con Mario (1966), considered his masterpiece. 1959 (MCMLIX) was a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
1962 (MCMLXII) was a common year starting on Monday (the link is to a full 1962 calendar). ...
This article or section needs a complete rewrite for the reasons listed on the talk page. ...
1966 (MCMLXVI) was a common year starting on Saturday (the link is to a full 1966 calendar). ...
Amongst his later works are 377A, madera de héroe (1987), Señora de rojo sobre fondo gris (1991) and El hereje (1998). 1987 (MCMLXXXVII) was a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
1991 (MCMXCI) was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
1998 (MCMXCVIII) was a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, and was designated the International Year of the Ocean. ...
He is an author of magnificent short stories like those included in Siestas con viento sur (1957). 1957 (MCMLVII) was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
- La sombra del ciprés es alargada (1947)
- Mi idolatrado hijo Sisí (1953)
- Diario de un cazador (1955)
- Un novelista descubre América (Chile en el ojo ajeno) (1956)
- Las ratas (1962)
- Europa : parada y fonda (1963)
- Viejas historias de Castilla la Vieja (1964)
- Usa y yo (1966)
- El libro de la caza menor (1966)
- Diario de un emigrante (1968)
- Aún es de día (1968)
- La hoja roja (1968)
- Por esos mundos (1970)
- Mi mundo y el mundo (1970)
- La primavera de Praga (1970)
- Cinco horas con Mario (1971) Five hours with Mario--1988
- Castilla en mi obra (1972)
- Vivir al día (1975)
- Con la escopeta al hombro (1975)
- Un año de mi vida (1975)
- La caza de la perdiz roja (1975)
- S.O.S (1976)
- La sombra del ciprés es alargada (1977)
- El camino (1977)
- Mi idolatrado hijo Sisí (1977)
- Alegrias de la Caza (1977)
- El principe destronado (1978)
- Parábola del náufrago (1978) The Hedge--1983
- Las guerras de nuestros antepasados (1978) The wars of our ancestors--1992
- Aventuras, venturas y desventuras de un cazador a rabo (1978)
- El disputado voto del señor Cayo (1978)
- Un mundo que agoniza (1979)
- Las perdices del domingo (1981)
- Los santos inocentes (1982)
- El otro fútbol (1982)
- Dos viajes en automóvil (1982)
- La partida (1984)
- La censura en los años cuarenta (1984)
- Kastila zaharreko kontu zaharrak (1985)
- Tres pájaros de cuenta (1987)
- La mortaja (1987)
- Mis amigas las truchas (1987)
- Madera de héroe (1988) The stuff of heroes--1990
- Mi querida bicicleta (1988)
- Dos días de caza (1988)
- Castilla, lo castellano y los castellanos (1988)
- Mi vida al aire libre (1990)
- Pegar la hebra (1991)
- El conejo (1991)
- La vida sobre ruedas (1992)
- El último coto (1992)
- El tesoro (1992)
- Siestas con viento sur (1993)
- Señora de rojo sobre fondo gris (1993)
- Un deporte de caballeros (1993)
- La caza en España (1993)
- 25 años de escopeta y pluma (1995)
- Los niños (1995)
- Diario de un jubilado (1996)
- He dicho (1997)
- Cartas de amor de un sexagenario voluptuoso (1997)
- El hereje (1998)
- Los estragos del tiempo (1999)
- Castilla habla (2000)
- Castilla como problema (2001)
- El loco (2001)