The Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police is the police agency of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority, or MTA. Officers of the MTA Police are fully empowered under the New York State Public Authorities Law and are commissioned in the state of Connecticut. Image File history File links No higher resolution available. ...
âNYâ redirects here. ...
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is a public benefit corporation responsible for public transportation in the State of New York. ...
Official language(s) English Capital Hartford Largest city Bridgeport Largest metro area Hartford Area Ranked 48th - Total 5,543 sq mi (14,356 kmÂ²) - Width 70 miles (113 km) - Length 110 miles (177 km) - % water 12. ...
The department was formed in 1998, with the consolidation of the Long Island Rail Road Police and the Metro-North Railroad Police Departments. Since 9/11, the department has expanded in size and has ramped up dramatically its counter-terrorism capabilities, adding canine teams and emergency services officers. There are 1 lieutenant, 2 sergeants, and 47 police officers who are assigned to the K-9 Unit and serve as handlers with their canine partners. The Long Island Rail Road or LIRR (often referred to as the L-I-double-R) is a commuter rail system serving the length of Long Island, New York, United States. ...
The Metro-North Commuter Railroad Company, or MTA Metro-North Railroad, or, more commonly, Metro-North, is a suburban commuter rail service that is run and managed by an authority of New York State, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, or, more simply, the MTA. Metro-North runs service between New York...
A canine may refer to: a canine tooth. ...
On June 1, 2005 the MTA Staten Island Railway Police Department, with 25 officers, was merged with the MTA Police. This was the final step in consolidating MTA agency law enforcement, and increased the total workforce of the department to 716, including civilians. June 1 is the 152nd day of the year (153rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. ...
Year 2005 (MMV) was a common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar. ...
The department's current command staff:
- Director William Morange, Director of Security
- Assistant Director Raymond McDermott, Assistant Director of Security
- Chief Kevin McConville, Chief of Department
- Deputy Chief Ronald Masciana
- Assistant Deputy Chief John D'Agostino
- Assistant Deputy Chief Kathleen Finneran
- Assistant Deputy Chief Terrence Culhane
- Assistant Deputy Chief Stephen Conner
- Assistant Deputy Chief Thomas Odessa
- Assistant Deputy Chief Sean McLaughlin
- Assistant Deputy Chief Kim Rehbein
- Assistant Deputy Chief Ernest Pucillo
- Inspector Kevin King
- Inspector Joseph Martelli
- Inspector Sean Montgomery
- Inspector Thomas Dunn
- Inspector Robert Terrett
- Captain: Serve as district and detail commanding officers and executive officers.
The districts of the M.T.A. Police Department include:
- District # 1 - Suffolk County, Long Island, New York
- District # 2 - Nassau County, Long Island, New York
- District # 3 - Queens/Brooklyn
- District # 4 - Penn Station, Manhattan
- District # 5 - Grand Central Terminal and 125th Street Station, Manhattan
- District # 6 - Westchester County, New York and Bronx borough of N.Y.C.
- District # 7 - Rockland, Putnam, and Orange Counties of New York
- District # 8 - All of Connecticut
- District # 9 - Staten Island
The department has the following specialized units (details):
- Detective Division
- Inter-agency Counterterrorism Task Force (ICTF)
- Emergency Services Unit (ESU)
- Canine Unit (K-9)
- Highway Unit
The department's ranks of Police Officer, Detective, Sergeant, and Lieutenant are represented by one union, Police Benevolent Association (P.B.A.). The M.T.A. P.B.A. is located at 181 South Franklin Avenue, Suite 303, Valley Stream, New York and can be contacted at (516) 823-8930. The P.B.A. Executive Board is as follows:
- President Raymond Gimmler
- Executive Vice President Michael O'Meara
- Area Vice President Vincent Provenzano
- Area Vice President Tony Spano
- Treasurer Raymond McGee
- Recording Secretary Denis David
- Corresponding Secretary William Waring
- Total of 11 trustees with one per district and 2 supervisory trustees.
- MTA Police Overtime Adding Up
- MTA Police-A Consolidated Force
- Request for Information Form