Martin J. S. Rudwick is an emeritus professor of History at the University of California, San Diego and an affiliated research scholar at Cambridge University's Department of History and Philosophy of Scince. His principal field of study is the history of the earth sciences, for which he received the Sue Tyler Friedman Medal in 1988. A professor is a senior teacher and researcher, usually in a college or university. ...
The University of California, San Diego (popularly known as UCSD, or sometimes UC San Diego) is a public, coeducational research university located in La Jolla, a seaside resort community of San Diego, California. ...
The University of Cambridge is the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world, with one of the most selective sets of entry requirements in the United Kingdom. ...
Earth science (also known as geoscience, the geosciences or the Earth Sciences), is an all-embracing term for the sciences related to the planet Earth. ...
The Sue Tyler Friedman Medal is awarded by the Geological Society of London for work on the history of geology. ...
- Living and Fossil Brachiopods (Hutchinson, 1970, ISBN 0-09-103080-3)
- The Meaning of Fossils: Essays in the History of Paleontology (American Elsevier, 1972, ISBN 0-444-19576-9; 2nd ed. Science History Publications, 1976, ISBN 0-882-02163-X; 3rd ed. University of Chicago Press, 1985, ISBN 0-226-73103-0)
- The Great Devonian Controversy: The Shaping of Scientific Knowledge among Gentlemanly Specialists (Chicago, 1985, ISBN 0-226-73101-4)
- Scenes from Deep Time: Early Pictorial Images of the Prehistoric World (Chicago, 1992, ISBN 0-226-73104-9)
- Georges Cuvier, Fossil Bones, and Geological Catastrophes (Chicago, 1997, ISBN 0-226-73106-5)
- The New Science of Geology: Studies in the Earth Sciences in the Age of Revolution (Ashgate, 2004, ISBN 0-86078-958-6)
- Lyell and Darwin, Geologists: Studies in the Earth Sciences in the Age of Reform (Ashgate, 2005, ISBN 0-86078-959-4)
- Bursting the Limits of Time: The Reconstruction of Geohistory in the Age of Revolution (Chicago, 2005, ISBN 0-226-73111-1)
The University of Chicago Press is the largest university press in the U.S. It is operated by the University of Chicago and publishes a wide variety of academic titles, including The Chicago Manual of Style, dozens of academic journals including Critical Inquiry, and a wide array of texts covering...
- Cambridge University (2004-12-07). HPS: Martin Rudwick. Retrieved on 2007-12-29.
- University of California, San Diego. people. Retrieved on 2007-12-29.