Locus Magazine is subtitled "The Magazine Of The Science Fiction & Fantasy Field". It reports on the science fiction writing industry, including comprehensive listings of new books published in the field. Science fiction is a form of speculative fiction principally dealing with the impact of imagined science and technology, or both, upon society and persons as individuals. ...
From the Locus Online website :
"Locus, covering the science fiction and fantasy field since 1968, is a monthly 8 1/2 x 11 magazine often with a bright red border. Locus publishes news of the Science Fiction publishing field with extensive reviews and listings of new science fiction books and magazines.
The magazine is published from Oakland, California. The publisher and editor-in-chief is Charles N. Brown. Charles Nikki Brown is the founder of Locus, a magazine dealing with the Science fiction and Fantasy genres of literature. ...
Locus Magazine publishes:
- News about the science fiction, fantasy, and horror publishing field -- stories about publishers, awards, and conferences -- including The Data File, People & Publishing (rights sold, books sold, books resold, books delivered, publishing news, promotions; people news and photos about vacations, weddings, and births), and Obituaries
- Interviews with well-known and up-and-coming writers (and sometimes editors and artists), usually 2 per issue
- Reviews of new and forthcoming books, usually 20-25 per issue, by notable SF critics including Gary K. Wolfe, Faren Miller, Nick Gevers, Jonathan Strahan, Damien Broderick, Russell Letson, and Carolyn Cushman, plus short fiction reviews by Nick Gevers and Rich Horton.
- Reports from around the world about the SF scenes in various countries
- Listings of US and UK books and magazines published (monthly), bestsellers (monthly), and forthcoming books (every 3 months)
- Convention Reports, with lots of photos
- Annual year-in-review coverage, with extensive recommended reading lists and the annual Locus Poll and Survey
- Letters and Classified ads "
Jump to: navigation, search Nick Gevers is a South African science fiction editor and critic, whose work has appeared in Locus, The New York Review of Science Fiction and Nova Express. ...
Damien Broderick (born 1944) is an Australian science fiction and popular science writer. ...