Below is a list of countries that are home to Austronesian languages along with the most notable languages in each country. Countries where speakers of Austronesian languages make up of the majority of the population are marked in bold. Italics indicate that a particular language has official status. The Austronesian people are a population group in Oceania and Southeast Asia who speak or had ancestors who spoke one of the Austronesian languages. ...
- Brunei: Malay
- Cambodia: Cham
- East Timor: Tetum, Tukudede, Mambae, others
- Federated States of Micronesia: Chuukese, Pohnpeian, Kosrae, Yap
- Fiji: Fijian
- Indonesia: Javanese, Sundanese, Indonesian, many others
- Kiribati: Kiribati
- Madagascar: Malagasy
- Marshall Islands: Marshallese
- Malaysia: Malay, many others
- Myanmar: Moken
- Nauru: Nauruan
- New Zealand: Maori
- Palau: Palauan
- Papua New Guinea: Motu, Adzera, Bola, many more
- Philippines: Tagalog (also Filipino), Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, many more
- Samoa: Samoan
- Singapore: Malay
- Solomon Islands: Kwara'ae, Lengo, 'Are'are, many more
- Taiwan: Amis, Atayal, Paiwan, others
- Tonga: Tongan
- Tuvalu: Tuvaluan
- United States
- Vanuatu: Hano, Lenakel, Paama, many more
- Vietnam: Cham, Jarai, Rade, others
motto: ( Rapa Nui ) Also called Te Pito O Te Henua (Ombligo del mundo) (Navel of the world) Capital Hanga Roa Area - City Proper 163,6 kmÂ² Population - City (2005) - Density (city proper) 3,791 Inhabitants 23,17 /kmÂ² Time zone Central Time zone, UTC- 6 Telephone Prefix 32 Postal code...
Not to be confused with the unrelated provinces of Henan and Hunan Hainan (海南; pinyin: Hǎinán) is a province of the Peoples Republic of China, located at the southern end of the country. ...
The lingua franca and national language of East Timor is Tetum, which is a Malayo-Polynesian language influenced by Portuguese, with which it has equal status as an official language. ...
There are over 170 languages in the Philippines; almost all of them belong to the Austronesian language family. ...
This article or section does not cite its references or sources. ...
State nickname: The Aloha State Other U.S. States Capital Honolulu Largest city Honolulu Governor Linda Lingle Official languages Hawaiian and English Area 28,337 km² (43rd) - Land 16,649 km² - Water 11,672 km² (41. ...
Wikipedia does not yet have an article with this exact name. ...