Letitia Baldrige (b. 1926, Miami) is an American etiquette expert and public relations executive.
A graduate of Vassar College, she is a former State Department employee and was the White House social secretary to Jacqueline Kennedy. Vassar College is a private, coeducational, highly selective liberal arts college situated in Poughkeepsie, New York. ...
The United States Department of State, often referred to as the State Department, is the Cabinet-level foreign affairs agency of the United States Government, equivalent to foreign ministries in other countries. ...
North faÃ§ade of the White House, seen from Pennsylvania Avenue. ...
First official White House portrait. ...
Her father was Congressman Howard Malcolm Baldrige, and her brother was Howard Malcolm Baldrige, Jr., former Secretary of Commerce. She serves on the board of directors the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is given by the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology. ...
She has published more than twenty books and has appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman. The Late Show with David Letterman is an hour-long weeknight comedy talk show broadcast by CBS from the Ed Sullivan Theater on Broadway in New York City. ...
|1946 ||Bachelor's in Psychology, Vassar College |
|1946–1948 ||Graduate studies, Université de Genève, Switzerland |
|1948–1951 ||Personal Social Secretary to David K. E. Bruce, U.S. Ambassador, Paris |
|1951–1953 ||Intelligence Officer, American Embassy, Paris |
|1953–1956 ||Assistant to Clare Boothe Luce, U.S. Ambassador, Rome |
|1956–1961 ||Director, Public Relations, Tiffany & Co. |
|1961–1963 ||Social Secretary and Chief of Staff for Jacqueline Kennedy |
|1964–1969 ||President, Letitia Baldrige Enterprises, Chicago |
|1969–1971 ||Director, Consumer Affairs, Burlington Industries |
|1972–2005 ||President, Letitia Baldrige Enterprises, New York City |
|2006– ||Baldrige & Lewris, Washington DC |
The University of Geneva (UniversitÃ© de GenÃ¨ve) is one of the oldest universities in the world. ...
David K. E. Bruce (February 12, 1898 - December 5, 1977) was the United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 1961 to 1969. ...
List of United States ambassadors to France : Benjamin Franklin, Arthur Lee, Silas Deane (substitued by John Adams in 1778) 1776-1779 Benjamin Franklin 1779-1785 Thomas Jefferson 1785-1789 Gouverneur Morris 1792-1794 James Monroe 1794-1796 Charles Cotesworth Pinckney 1796-1797 Robert R. Livingston 1801-1804 John Armstrong 1804...
The Embassy of the United States in Paris, France is located at 2 avenue Gabriel on the northwest corner of Place de la Concorde. ...
Clare Boothe Luce photo taken by Carl Van Vechten, 1933. ...
The United States has had diplomatic representation in the nation of Italy and its predecessor nation, the Kingdom of Sardinia, since 1840, with a break in relations from 1941 to 1944, while Italy and the United States were at war. ...
The outside of a Tiffany & Co. ...
Burlington Industries was a diversified U.S. fabric maker. ...
- Roman Candle, 1956
- Tiffany Table Settings, 1958
- Of Diamonds and Diplomats, 1968
- Home, 1972
- Juggling: The Art of Balancing Marriage, Motherhood, and Career, 1976
- The Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Etiquette, 1978
- Amy Vanderbilt’s Everyday Etiquette, 1979
- Entertainers, 1981
- Letitia Baldrige’s Complete Guide to Executive Manners, 1985
- Letitia Baldrige’s Complete Guide to a Great Social Life, 1987
- Letitia Baldrige’s Complete Guide to the New Manners for the '90s, 1989
- Public Affairs, Private Relations, 1990 (a novel)
- Letitia Baldrige’s New Complete Guide to Executive Manners, 1993
- Letitia Baldrige’s More than Manners! Raising Today's Kids to Have Kind Manners and Good Hearts, 1997
- In the Kennedy Style: Magical Evenings in the Kennedy White House (with Rene Verdon), 1998
- Legendary Brides: From the Most Romantic Weddings Ever, Inspired Ideas for Today’s Brides, 2000
- A Lady, First: My Life in the White House and the American Embassies of Paris and Rome, 2001
- Letitia Baldrige’s New Manners for New Times: A Complete Guide to Etiquette, 2003
- The Kennedy Mystique (with Jon Goodman, Hugh Sidey, Robert Dallek and Barbara Baker Burrows), 2006
- Taste: Acquiring What Money Can't Buy, 2007
- Official site