Kiroro (キロロ) is a Japanese musical group from Okinawa that debuted in 1996. This article is about the prefecture. ...
Year 1996 (MCMXCVI) was a leap year starting on Monday (link will display full 1996 Gregorian calendar). ...
Kiroro first debuted in 1996 as an independent band, and later made their major debut in 1998 with the song "Nagai Aida (長い間?)". They performed on the Kōhaku Uta Gassen in 1998, 1999 and 2001. Year 1998 (MCMXCVIII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display full 1998 Gregorian calendar). ...
KÅhaku Uta Gassen ), more commonly known as simply KÅhaku, is an annual music show broadcast on television and radio on New Years Eve produced by Japanese public broadcaster NHK and broadcast on both television and radio, nationally and internationally by NHKs networks and some overseas (mainly...
Year 1999 (MCMXCIX) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1999 Gregorian calendar). ...
Year 2001 (MMI) was a common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
In January 2005, vocalist Tamashiro Chiharu announced that she was engaged. On April 17th (which coincides with her birthday anniversary), she and her fiancé entered the family registry. In May, pianist Kinjou Ayano announced her pregnancy and marriage. In July Tamashiro Chiharu announced her pregnancy. In September 2005, they held their "four person concert" in Okinawa with the finale, wasurenaide("Please do not forget") before their maternal leave. Kinjou Ayano gave birth to a baby girl in November 2005. Tamashiro Chiharu gave birth to a baby boy in February 2006. In March 2007, Tamashiro Chiharu announces her second pregnancy. 2005 : January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December- → Deaths in January • 29 Ephraim Kishon • 25 Philip Johnson • 23 Johnny Carson • 22 Parveen Babi • 20 Jan Nowak-Jeziorański • 17 Virginia Mayo • 17 Zhao Ziyang • 15...
An engagement is an agreement by a couple to enter into marriage at some future time, usually accompanied by a formal or informal announcement to friends and family. ...
A koseki (æ¸ç±) is a family registry. ...
The origins of the name Kiroro
When the vocalist, Tamashiro Chiharu, was in her primary school days, she visited Ikedamachi, Hokkaido, for a regional exchange programme. Somehow, the Ainu language left her a deep impression. With references to the words 'Kiroru' and 'Kiroro-an', the group-name has been decided as "Kiroro", which carries the charms of the meaning and sound.
'Kiroru' contains the meaning of 'A wide track that people treaded upon'
'Kiroro-an' contains the meaning of 'Resilient, healthy, vibrant, lively, strong, and persistent'
A small issue with the name Kiroro
Since 1981, the name 'Kiroro' had already been registered as the 'Kiroro resort' in Akaigawa Village, Hokkaido, managed by the Yamaha organization of Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka. Mutual agreements had been established with Victor Entertainment, allowing the name to be used.
- Name 玉城 千春 Tamashiro Chiharu
- Role Vocals
- Birthplace Okinawa
- Date of Birth 1977, April 17
- Blood type A
- Name 金城 綾乃 Kinjou Ayano
- Role Keyboard
- Birthplace Okinawa
- Date of Birth 1977, August 15
- Blood type AB
- 1998.10.01 長い間 ～キロロの森～
- 1999.09.22 昼休み (Kinjou Ayano's Solo Album)
- 1999.12.08 好きな人 ～キロロの空～
- 2000.07.26 七色 (Concept Album)
- 2001.01.13 TREE OF LIFE Date of release in Taiwan. It is the first time(and only time, up to the album Wonderful Days) that the date of release in Taiwan is earlier than Japan.
- 2001.01.24 TREE OF LIFE Date of release in Japan.
- 2002.02.21 Kiroroのうた1 (Best Album)
- 2002.12.18 Four Leaves Clover
- 2004.03.03 Diary
- 2005.01.21 帰る場所 (Mini Album, Okinawa limited edition)
- 2005.06.23 帰る場所 (Mini Album, "National-level" edition) *帰る場所('The place to return to', 'home' ect.) is an album dedicated to their homeland, Okinawa. The 'national level' edition also contains an introductory flash clip that describes the places of interest in Okinawa.
- 2005.11.23 Wonderful Days
- 2006.03.29 キロロのいちばんイイ歌あつめました (Best album by fan votes)
- 2007.03.07 キロロのほーら、泣きやんだ! / (Played by Kinjou Ayano, a lullaby album for babies)
- 2007.03.07 キロロのいちばんイイ歌あつめました～10th Anniversary Edition～ (A "collector's" edition)
- 1998.01.21* 長い間
- 1998.06.24* 未来
- 1998.11.21* 冬のうた
- 1999.02.24* 青のじゅもん
- 1999.06.23* 最後のKiss
- 1999.11.10* 好きな人 *All singles from 長い間 to 好きな人 were released once again on 2002.02.21.
- 2000.03.23 ひまわり
- 2000.07.26 涙にさよなら
- 2000.12.06 逢いたい
- 2001.06.06 Best Friend
- 2002.08.21 愛さない
- 2002.12.04 ひとつぶの涙
- 2003.11.21 僕らのメッセージ
- 2004.01.21 もう少し
- 2005.07.06 生きてこそ
- 2005.10.21 忘れないで (With normal and special editions)
- Kiroro's miraie(towards the future) and best friend are selected to be part of the Japanese music textbooks' syllabus.
- Tamashiro Chiharu is on close terms with Rimi Natsukawa, another famous vocalist from Okinawa. Not only do they enjoy drinking with each other, they like to sing each other's songs when they go for karaoke sessions together. Tamashiro Chiharu has written songs for Rimi Natsukawa, and Rimi Natsukawa has performed the song 月の夜 (moon night), which was composed and performed by Kiroro.
- Kiroro's trilogy of romance refers to 1.Sukina Hito(The person I love), 2.Aitai(I wish to see you) and 3.Mou sukoshi(A little more).
- As correct until 20 June 2007, the only song ever recorded in Kiroro's singles and/or albums that is not composed by kiroro themselves is てぃんさぐめ花(balsam flower, touch me not ect.), a folksong from Okinawa.
- Probably due to the spread of incorrect information through the internet, some people wrongly credited Kiroro for the song sayonara daisukina hito (Goodbye, my love). The actual singer of that song is Hana*Hana, a former Japanese Duo band similar to Kiroro in 'format' (2 girls who compose their own music, play the piano and sing. )A distinctive difference from Kiroro is that both members of Hana*Hana sing and play the piano on almost equal distribution.
- Again, Kiroro is wrongly credited for Final Fantasy OST. There are probably two reasons for this. First, the title of the song "sutekidane" coincides with a song in KIRORO's debut album (songlist #2), which was actually a song written in praise of her highschool's softball team in her schooling days. Secondly, it probably had something to do with the FF miraie video clips created that score high hits on youtube.
- Kiroro composed the opening theme song Bokura no Message (Our Message) for the anime series Mujin Wakusei Survive.
- Kiroro also composed another song, ikitekoso ("the reason to live", "the meaning of life" ect.) as the opening theme song of the anime series, Kabutomushi Ouji Mushiking - Mori no Tame no Densetsu (King of Beetle Mushiking - Legend of the Forest People).
- The Libertytimes Web
- http://ent.sina.com.cn/2003年04月10日12:23 南方都市报
- http://www.okinawatimes.co.jp/eng/19980919.html The Okinawa Times, 1998.9.19
- Kiroro's Official Website