The Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry is awarded annually as part of the N. S. W. Premier's Literary Awards for a book of collected poems or for a single poem of substantial length published in book form.
- Winner: Jaya Savige - Latecomers, University of Queensland Press.
- Aidan Coleman - Avenues & Runways, Brandl & Schlesinger
- Susan Hampton - The Kindly Ones, Five Islands Press
- Jill Jones - Broken/Open, Salt Publishing
- Penelope Layland - Suburban Anatomy, Pandanus Books
- David McCooey - Blister Pack, Salt Publishing
Jaya Savige (1978- ) is an Australian poet. ...
- Winner: Samuel Wagan Watson - Smoke Encrypted Whispers, University of Queensland Press
- MTC Cronin - < More of Less Than >1-100, Shearsman Books Ltd
- Lidija Cvetkovic - War is Not the Season for Figs, University of Queensland Press
- John Kinsella - Doppler Effect, Salt Publishing
- Dîpti Saravanamuttu - The Colosseum, Five Islands Press
- Alan Wearne - The Lovemakers Book Two: Money and Nothing, ABC Books
John Kinsella (born February 2, 1963) is an Australian poet, novelist, critic, essayist and editor. ...
- Winner: Pam Brown - Dear Deliria: New & Selected Poems, Salt Publishing
- Jordie Albiston - The Fall, White Crane Press
- MTC Cronin - beautiful, unfinished -PARABLE/SONG/CANTO/POEM, Salt Publishing
- Brook Emery - Misplaced Heart, Five Islands Press
- Philip Hammial - In the Year of Our Lord Slaughter's Children, Island Press
- John Tranter - Studio Moon, Salt Publishing
John Tranter is an Australian poet. ...
- Winner: Jill Jones - Screens Jets Heaven
- Alison Croggon - Attempts at Being
- Kate Lilley - Versary
- Emma Lew - Anything the Landlord Touches
- Sarah Day - New and Selected Poems
- Robert Gray - Afterimages
Robert Gray (b. ...
- Winner: Alan Wearne - The Lovemakers, Penguin Books Australia
- Robert Adamson - Mulberry Leaves: New & Selected Poems: 1970 - 2001, Paper Bark Press
- Martin Harrison - Summer, Paper Bark Press
- Dorothy Hewett - Halfway Up the Mountain, Fremantle Arts Centre Press
- Bronwyn Lea - Flight Animals, University of Queensland Press
- Gig Ryan - Heroic Money, Brandl & Schlesinger
- John Tranter - Ultra, Brandl & Schlesinger
Dorothy Coade Hewett, (May 21, 1923 â August 25, 2002), was an Australian feminist poet, novelist, librettist, and playwright. ...
John Tranter is an Australian poet. ...
- Winner: Ken Taylor - Africa, Five Islands Press
- Jennifer Compton - Blue, Ginninderra Press
- Brook Emery - and dug my fingers in the sand, Five Islands Press
- Philip Hammial - Bread, Black Pepper
- J. S. Harry - Sun Shadow, Moon Shadow, Vagabond Press
- Wendy Jenkins - Rogue Equations, Fremantle Arts Centre Press
- Winner: Jennifer Maiden - Mines, Paper Bark Press/Australian Humanities Research Foundation
- Richard Allen - Thursday's Fictions, Five Islands Press
- M.T.C. Cronin - Everything Holy, Balcones International Press
- Jennifer Harrison - Dear B, Black Pepper
- Kevin Hart - Wicked Heat, Paper Bark Press
- John Millett - Iceman, Five Islands Press
Kevin Hart Kevin Hart was born in 1954, grew up in London and Brisbane, and was educated at the Australian National University and the University of Melbourne. ...
1999 and before
- 1999: Lee Cataldi - Race Against Time, Penguin Books Australia
- 1998: no awards were presented
- 1997: Anthony Lawrence - The Viewfinder, University of Queensland Press
- 1996: Eric Beach - Weeping for Lost Babylon, HarperCollins and J. S. Harry - Selected Poems, Penguin Books Australia
- 1995: Peter Boyle - Coming Home From the World, Five Islands Press
- 1994: Barry Hill - Ghosting William Buckley, William Heinemann Australia
- 1993: Les A. Murray - Translations from the Natural World, Isabella Press
- 1992: Elizabeth Riddell - Selected Poems, Collins Angus & Robertson
- 1991: Jennifer Maiden - The Winter Baby, Collins Angus & Robertson
- 1990: Robert Adamson - The Clean Dark, Paper Bark Press
- 1989: John Tranter - Under Berlin, University of Queensland Press
- 1988: Judith Beveridge - The Domesticity of Giraffes, Black Lightning Press
- 1987: Philip Hodgins - Blood and Bone, Angus & Robertson
- 1986: Robert Gray - Selected Poems 1963-83, Angus & Robertson
- 1985: Kevin Hart - Your Shadow, Angus & Robertson
- 1984: Les A. Murray - The People's Other World, Angus & Robertson
- 1983: Vivian Smith - Tide Country, Angus & Robertson
- 1982: Fay Zwicky - Kaddish and Other Poems, University of Queensland Press
- 1981: Alan Gould - Astral Sea, Angus & Robertson
- 1980: David Campbell - Man in the Honeysuckle, Angus & Robertson