Kate Mulgrew as Captain Kathryn Janeway
Kathryn Janeway, (Born: May 20 in Indiana, year 2332) a character in the fictional Star Trek universe played by Kate Mulgrew, was the captain of the USS Voyager (2371-2378) in the science fiction television series Star Trek: Voyager.
Throughout the series, she maintained a steadfast goal of getting out of the Delta Quadrant and back home to Earth. Along the way, Captain Janeway (or "Kathy" as Q liked to call her, perhaps in reference to Wuthering Heights) spent much time helping other crew members grow and deal with their situation. Hard as nails, the good Captain nearly sacrificed herself many times to help out her crew.
Her first major task was integrating the Maquis crew into hers after the rebels's ship was destroyed following their transport to the Delta Quadrant. Commander Chakotay, captain of the Maquis ship, became second-in-command of the newly integrated crew.
Other important interactions Captain Janeway had with the crew:
- Helped Seven of Nine, an ex-Borg drone, claim back her individuality and adjust into human culture.
- Took Tom Paris (the son of her friend and former commanding officer, Admiral Owen Paris) under her wing, and made him her helmsman when her existing one was killed in the first episode.
- Helped the Doctor through many rough times, and advocated his status as a conscious, living being (although even in the later seasons she openly said that he was a machine "like a replicator" and not a person).
The Captain took her crew very seriously and worked hard to help them become something greater than they were. During the time Voyager was in the Delta Quadrant, they re-established communications with Starfleet in 2377, through an alien relay station.
In Star Trek: Nemesis Janeway is shown as an Vice Admiral circa stardate 56844.9.
- See also : Star Trek, Kathryn (name)
- Kathryn Janeway (http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/index.php/Kathryn_Janeway) at Memory Alpha, a Star Trek WikiWiki