"Karate Choppers" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season one. This article or section is not written in the formal tone expected of an encyclopedia article. ...
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
Brief summary: When SpongeBob gets addicted to doing karate with Sandy, he cannot stop thinking about it. It distracts him from his work, so Mr. Krabs tells him to stop it, or he will be fired.
Time/Date: December 31
Time cards shown: None
Songs: None This article or section does not adequately cite its references or sources. ...
Sandy Cheeks is a fictional animated character in the Nickelodeon animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants. ...
This article or section does not adequately cite its references or sources. ...
Eugene H. Mr. ...
Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Squidward Tentacles Squidward Tentacles is a fictional character in the Nickelodeon animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. ...
The Krusty Krab is a fictional restaurant in the city of Bikini Bottom in the animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. ...
SpongeBob and Sandy are playing karate. SpongeBob is carefully going around the house looking for her, until she jumps out. They fight, and have lots of fun. Sandy tells him that she will sneak up on him and fight him tomorrow. SpongeBob thinks anyone or anything can be Sandy, so he is cautious and does not work much. Mr. Krabs demands to know what is going on, so SpongeBob explains to him that he is playing karate. He pronounces it IPA pronunciation: [kɑrɑteɪ], and Mr. Krabs says he should be making him [mʌni.eɪ], with his [spætuleɪ]. Therefore, Mr. Krabs tells him to stop playing karate, or he will be fired. Sandy fights him, and SpongeBob tells her that Mr. Krabs will fire him. Sandy does not believe this, and SpongeBob is fired. After a bit of explaining, he gets his job back, and they go back to the park. They become addicted to karate again, and Mr. Krabs catches them. However, he finds that karate chops can replace knives, and Krabby Patties are made faster, earning him more money. Not to be confused with the NATO phonetic alphabet, which has also informally been called the âInternational Phonetic Alphabetâ. For information on how to read IPA transcriptions of English words, see IPA chart for English. ...
- Squidward: SpongeBob, did you get the bathrooms mopped yet?
- SpongeBob: Yes ma'am. I mean sir. I mean boss. I mean poobah!
- Squidward: GO!
- SpongeBob: Sandy! Wait! Victory is yours.
- Matthew: What a jerk.
- SpongeBob: Thought you could sneak up on me at work, did you? Well, you can't! Because I'm fast, I'm mean, and I can do this! (swivels hands around) (Hiss) Took care of her, yes I did. (Runs into Mr. Krabs) Uh, Ahoy, sir!
- Mr. Krabs: What was that?
- SpongeBob: But sir, she snuck up on me. In my own dojo!
- Mr. Krabs: Are you on some new allergy medication, boy?
- SpongeBob: No, sir. Just practicing my karate, sir. Or kare-ah-tay, as some like to call it.
- Mr. Krabs: Kare-ah-tay? You should be making me money-ay! With your spatu-lay!
- Hot Sauce Drop: By the powers of naughtiness, I command this particular drop of hot sauce to be really, REALLY hot!
- SpongeBob: Karate sure is dumb. I feel dumb thinking about it. D'oh! I'm stupid! I like karate!! Doi!!
- SpongeBob: Nice hairpiece, Squidward. (His hairpiece is actually a bunch of Krabby Patties arranged on his head.)
- Sandy: I love Karate.
- SpongeBob: I love Kare-ah-tay.
- Mr. Krabs: I love money-ay.
- Squidward: I hate all of you.
- After the first quotes above, Squidward says "GO!!!!", but the YTV or regular captions say "D'oh!", like Homer Simpson from The Simpsons.
- There is a game on Nick.com to tie in with this episode.
- When the hot drop's head commands that particular drop to be really hot, his tongue never hits the roof of the mouth and drops back down to make the [t] sound of the word "hot". You can hear the [t] sound in the audio, however.
- When Mr. Krabs discovers SpongeBob has been doing karate in the park, there are many sandwiches scattered about. When SpongeBob pushes the tree and rock back together in his futile attempt to make it look as if he wasn't doing karate, the sandwiches all disappear.
- Spongebob can't lift stuffed animals, as seen in Help Wanted. But here, he can chop a large stone in half,however,it might have been Sandy who chopped the stone.
- In the audio commentary, it is revealed that the episode is purposefully full of sexual innuendo.
- This is the final episode in the year 1999.