Each country has both a country calling code used to dial into a country, and an international call prefix or international access code used to dial out of the country. The ITU approved 00 as the general standard some time ago, and this has been implemented by a large number of countries, but not all. This page lists the exceptions. // At a glance In depth Zone 1 â North American Numbering Plan Area nanpa. ...
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is an international organization established to standardize and regulate international radio and telecommunications. ...
International phone numbers are usually written with a + before the phone number, and some phones allow this to be entered directly, often with two consecutive presses of the * key. This avoids having to know the international call prefix.
Many states still provide alternative dialing arrangements for calls to neighbouring countries.
Note: ‘~’ means "await a second tone at this stage before continuing".
- All other countries not listed below.
- Poland (also supports the ITU standard)
- Mauritius ('x' represents one digit defining an 'International Long Distance' operating company.)
- 00 Only works from payphones and '+' only from mobile phones. 
- 1xx0 ('xx' represents two-digit Chilean Carrier Selection Code)2
- Was a standard for the Soviet Union and so remains one for several post-Soviet countries:
- 990 (TeliaSonera in Finland)
- 991 (Jippii in Finland)
- 992 (Tele2 in Finland before August 2005)
- 994 (Song in Finland)
- 99500 (Cubio in Finland)
- 99588 (Globetel in Finland)
- 996 (Finnet in Finland)
- 999 (Elisa Oyj in Finland)
- Finland, where to encourage competition between international telephone carriers, a system of prefixes beginning with 99 was introduced in addition to the 00 prefix. For example, if the subscriber dials 990-1-234-567-7890, the call will be routed to North America via TeliaSonera.
In Brazil, ANATEL (the National Telecommunications Agency) instituted a system where, for both long-distance (DDD) and international (DDI) calls, the user has to specify a national carrier selection code. ...
Map of Zanzibars main island Zanzibar, Tanzania, comprises a pair of islands off the east coast of Africa called Zanzibar (Unguja) (1994 est. ...
The North American Numbering Plan (NANP) is a system for three-digit area codes and seven-digit telephone numbers that direct telephone calls to particular regions on a public switched telephone network (PSTN), where they are further routed by the local network. ...
Barbuda is an island in the Antigua and Barbuda. ...
The Collectivity of Wallis and Futuna (French: Collectivité de Wallis et Futuna) is a group of mainly three volcanic tropical islands (Wallis, Futuna, and Alofi) with fringing reefs located in the South Pacific Ocean. ...
TeliaSonera AB is the dominant telephone company and mobile network operator in Sweden and Finland, and is also active in other countries in Northern and Eastern Europe, with a total (2004) of 26 million customers, 29,082 employees, sales of 81,937 million SEK, and profit of 12,964 million...
Tele2 is Europes biggest alternative telecommunications operator with over 28 million customers in 24 countries. ...
Elisa Oyj (Elisa) is a Finnish telecommunications company founded in 1882 (known until July 2000 as HPY or Helsingin puhelinyhdistys). ...
Competition is the act of striving against another force for the purpose of achieving dominance or attaining a reward or goal, or out of a biological imperative such as survival. ...
1. Calls to Kenya from Tanzania and Uganda require the code 005, followed by the area code and number.
2. Calls to Uganda from Tanzania and Kenya require the code 006, followed by the area code and number.
3. Calls to Tanzania from Uganda and Kenya require the code 007, followed by the area code and number.
4. Although in Chile all the carriers use the 1 prefix, the number of the carrier in advertising and common usage includes the 1 prefix as a part of the number.
5. The domestic call prefix 8 and international call prefix 8~10 are to be replaced by the ITU-recommended dialling prefixes of 0 and 00. The first step will be to replace area codes beginning with the digit '0' with ones beginning with '4', hence Moscow 095 becomes 495. See also Telephone numbering plan for Russia and Kazakhstan. The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is an international organization established to standardize and regulate international radio and telecommunications. ...
A telephone numbering plan is a system that allows subscribers to make and receive telephone calls across long distances. ...
- Chilean Carriers as 2000.
This article is about the year 2000. ...
International Dialing Codes