This is a summary of notable incidents that have taken place at various Universal-owned theme parks. This list is not intended to be a comprehensive list of every such event, but only those that have a significant impact on the parks or park operations, or are otherwise significantly newsworthy. The current official logo for Universal Studios Theme Parks Universal Studios operate a number of theme parks based around the movies theyve produced. ...
The term incidents refers to major accidents, injuries, or deaths that occur at a Universal park. While these incidents were required to be reported to regulatory authorities due to where they occurred, they usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Caused by negligence on the part of the guest. This can be refusal to follow specific ride safety instructions, or deliberate intent to break park rules.
- The result of a guest's known or unknown health issues.
- Negligence on the part of the park, either by ride operator or maintenance.
- Act of God or a generic accident (eg slipping and falling), that is not a direct result of an action on anybody's part.
Act of God is a common legal term for events outside of human control, such as sudden floods or other natural disasters, for which no one can be held responsible. ...
Universal Studios Japan
USJ1 USJ2 MBS Studio in USJ Universal Studios Japan is a theme park operated by Universal Studios which is located in Osaka. ...
- In November 2004, a 35-year-old woman from Osaka Prefecture suffered nerve damage in her right wrist, resulting in the loss of use of two of her fingers and ultimately losing her job. This occurred when her hand got stuck in a safety bar as an employee pulled it down to secure it. The woman sued the park and received JP¥14 million in an out-of-court settlement.
E.T. Adventure is a dark ride featured at the Universal Studios Florida, Universal Studios Japan, and, formerly, Universal Studios Hollywood theme parks. ...
Osaka Prefecture (å¤§éªåº Åsaka-fu) is part of the Kinki region on Honshu island, Japan. ...
Universal Orlando Resort
Taken in December 2004, this picture shows a walkway bridge (right) and the giant studio entrance (back) at Universal Studios Orlando. ...
- On September 23, 2003, 34-year-old Leslie Killer of Jensen Beach suffered a heart attack while riding the Incredible Hulk coaster. She was taken to the hospital in critical condition, where she later died.
The Incredible Hulk Coaster is a steel roller coaster located in Universals Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. ...
Revenge of the Mummy
- On September 22, 2004, 39-year-old Jose Valadez of Apopka, Florida fell approximately 4 feet off the loading platform as he was attempting to step into the ride vehicle. He suffered injuries to his head and complained about other pain due to the fall. He died in surgery at the hospital.
To meet Wikipedias quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. ...
Apopka is a city located in Orange County, Florida. ...
- ^ "USJ settles with woman hurt on E.T. attraction", The Daily Yomiuri, 2000-11-24. Retrieved on 2006-12-15.
- ^ "Coaster reopens two days after rider's heart attack", St. Petersburg Times, 2003-09-26. Retrieved on 2006-12-20.
- ^ "Universal's Mummy Ride Closed Again After Woman Injured", Local 6, 2004-09-23. Retrieved on 2006-12-20.