In 1992 the Joint University College on Teesside of the Universities of Durham and Teesside (JUCOT) was established on the site as a joint venture between the University of Durham and the University of Teesside. This was initially intended to grant joint degrees validated by both institutions (BAs and BScs). However, Teesside, which had only become a university in 1992, had difficulties in taking on its responsibilities for the college and Durham took full control in 1994.
A programme of integration with Durham began, leading to the college becoming University College, Stockton (UCS) in 1996 — a college of the University of Durham and the only college with teaching responsibilities. Further integration lead to the campus being renamed the University of Durham, Stockton Campus (UDSC) in 1998, and the removal of its teaching responsibilities. In 2001 UDSC was split into two colleges: one was George Stephenson College, and the other was John Snow College.
George Stephenson College (http://www.dur.ac.uk/stockton/colleges/stephenson/) official website
George Stephenson College JCR (http://www.dur.ac.uk/stephenson.jcr/) undergraduate student organisation
Share your thoughts, questions and commentary here
Want to know more? Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:
Press Releases |
The Wikipedia article included on this page is licensed under the
Images may be subject to relevant owners' copyright.
All other elements are (c) copyright NationMaster.com 2003-5. All Rights Reserved.
Usage implies agreement with terms, 1022, m