The Encyclopaedia of Mathematics is a large reference work in mathematics. It is available in book form, on CD-ROM, and can also be browsed online for free. The 2002 version contains more than 8,000 entries covering most areas of mathematics at a graduate level, and the presentation is technical in nature. The encyclopedia is edited by Michiel Hazewinkel and was published by Kluwer Academic Publishers until 2003, when Kluwer became part of Springer. The CDROM contains animations and three-dimensional objects. Euclid, Greek mathematician, 3rd century BC, as imagined by by Raphael in this detail from The School of Athens. ...
A Dutch STM publishing company now known as Springer. ...
Springer Science+Business Media or Springer (IPA: ) is a worldwide publishing company based in Germany which focuses on academic journals and books in the fields of science, technology, mathematics, and medicine. ...
The encyclopedia has been translated from the Soviet Matematicheskaya entsiklopediya (1977) originally edited by Ivan Matveevich Vinogradov and extended with comments and three supplements adding several thousand articles. The neutrality of this article is disputed. ...
- Matematicheskaya entsiklopediya. Vinogradov I.M. (Ed.) Moscow: Sov. Entsiklopediya (1977)
- Encyclopaedia of Mathematics (Volume 1) Hazewinkel, M. (Ed.), Vol. 1, Kluwer (1987) ISBN 1-55608-000-X,
- Encyclopaedia of Mathematics (set) Hazewinkel, M. (Ed.), Kluwer (1994) ISBN 1-55608-010-7,
- Encyclopaedia of Mathematics, Supplement I Hazewinkel, M. (Ed.) Kluwer (1997), ISBN 0-7923-4709-9,
- Encyclopaedia of Mathematics, Supplement II Hazewinkel, M. (Ed.), Kluwer (2000) ISBN 0-7923-6114-8,
- Encyclopaedia of Mathematics, Supplement III Hazewinkel, M. (Ed.), Kluwer (2002) ISBN 1-4020-0198-3
- Encyclopaedia of Mathematics on CD-ROM, Hazewinkel, M. (Ed.), Kluwer (1998) ISBN 0-7923-4805-2
- Home page of editor M. Hazewinkel.
- Online Encyclopaedia of Mathematics
- Review of the encyclopedia (PDF)