Chagrin Falls is a village located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. As of the 2000 census, the village had a total population of 4,024.
Chagrin Falls is located at 41°25'52" North, 81°23'19" West (41.431217, _81.388717)1.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 5.5 km˛ (2.1 mi˛). 5.4 km˛ (2.1 mi˛) of it is land and 0.1 km˛ (0.04 mi˛) of it is water. The total area is 1.90% water.
As of the census2 of 2000, there are 4,024 people, 1,862 households, and 1,100 families residing in the village. The population density is 750.6/km˛ (1,943.2/mi˛). There are 2,041 housing units at an average density of 380.7/km˛ (985.6/mi˛). The racial makeup of the village is 98.71% White, 0.05% African American, 0.02% Native American, 0.45% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.22% from other races, and 0.55% from two or more races. 0.89% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There are 1,862 households out of which 27.1% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.9% are married couples living together, 7.8% have a female householder with no husband present, and 40.9% are non-families. 36.9% of all households are made up of individuals and 16.0% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.14 and the average family size is 2.81.
In the village the population is spread out with 22.2% under the age of 18, 3.5% from 18 to 24, 27.8% from 25 to 44, 26.9% from 45 to 64, and 19.7% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 43 years. For every 100 females there are 84.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 77.6 males.
The median income for a household in the village is $62,917, and the median income for a family is $90,094. Males have a median income of $69,609 versus $36,319 for females. The per capita income for the village is $42,885. 3.6% of the population and 2.4% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total population, 6.3% of those under the age of 18 and 0.0% of those 65 and older are living below the poverty line.
- Chagrin Falls is home to Bill Watterson, the reclusive creator of the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. The bookshop in town (Fireside Books) is the only place in the world where one can buy autographed copies of Watterson's books. The town may even be the location where the strip takes place.
- Chagrin Falls is the hometown of Tim Conway
- "Chagrin Falls" was a song sung by The Tragically Hip on the Phantom Power album.
- Maps and aerial photos
- Street map from Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=41.431217&longitude=-81.388717&zoom=6)
- Topographic map from Topozone (http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=41.431217&lon=-81.388717&s=200&size=m&layer=DRG100)
- Aerial photograph from Microsoft Terraserver (http://terraserver.microsoft.com/map.aspx?t=1&s=14&lon=-81.388717&lat=41.431217&w=750&h=500)