FACTOID # 1: Idaho produces more milk than Iowa, Indiana and Illinois combined.
 
 Home   Encyclopedia   Statistics   States A-Z   Flags   Maps   FAQ   About 
   
 
WHAT'S NEW
 

SEARCH ALL

FACTS & STATISTICS    Advanced view

Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:

 

 

(* = Graphable)

 

 


Encyclopedia > Bial

Bial is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in S. Mamede do Coronado, in Trofa, Porto district, Portugal. It was founded in 1924, being among the largest and most prestigious companies of its kind in Portugal. Pharmacology (in Greek: pharmacon is drug, and logos is science) is the study of how chemical substances interfere with living systems. ... Trofa is a municipality and a city in the north of the Oporto metropolitan area in Portugal. ... Porto district is a district located in north Portugal limited by Aveiro District to the south , Braga district to the north and Vila Real district to the east. ... 1924 was a leap year starting on Tuesday (link will take you to calendar). ...


Bial is today an International Pharmaceutical Group. Its products are to be found in pharmacies in nearly 30 countries in 3 continents: Europe, America and Africa. Some of the group companies are: Laboratórios Bial, Medibial, Bialfar, Bialport, Bial Aristegui, Medimport and Medangol.


Fundação Bial

Established in 1994, the Bial Foundation Scientific Research Grants have become increasingly popular. Forty-eight applications were received in 1994, and by 2002 this figure had risen to 149, while 169 projects were submitted in 2004. Several projects have already been supported, involving many researchers from over 21 countries. 1994 (MCMXCIV) was a common year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar, and was designated the International year of the Family. ...


External links

  • Bial

  Results from FactBites:
 
Hub, spoke and wheel - Express TravelWorld (1336 words)
As a development, the BIAL board decided to redesign the intial phase of the privately-owned and operated airport in March 2006.
BIAL, a public limited company, is held by private promoters (74 per cent stake) and the state (the remaining 26 per cent - refer to the graph).
BIAL also has the option of transferring the airport to the government if it chooses not to continue as the operator.
  More results at FactBites »

 
 

COMMENTARY     


Share your thoughts, questions and commentary here
Your name
Your comments

Want to know more?
Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:

 


Press Releases |  Feeds | Contact
The Wikipedia article included on this page is licensed under the GFDL.
Images may be subject to relevant owners' copyright.
All other elements are (c) copyright NationMaster.com 2003-5. All Rights Reserved.
Usage implies agreement with terms, 1022, m