? American Sparrows
|Scientific classification |
Junco american tree sparrow public domain from USFWS File history Legend: (cur) = this is the current file, (del) = delete this old version, (rev) = revert to this old version. ...
Scientific classification or biological classification is how biologists group and categorize extinct and living species of organisms. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Phyla Porifera (sponges) Ctenophora (comb jellies) Cnidaria Placozoa Subregnum Bilateria Acoelomorpha Orthonectida Rhombozoa Myxozoa Superphylum Deuterostomia Chordata (vertebrates, etc. ...
Typical Classes Subphylum Urochordata - Tunicates Ascideiacea Thaliacea Larvacea Subphylum Cephalochordata - Lancelets Subphylum Myxini - Hagfishes Subphylum Vertebrata - Vertebrates Petromyzontida - Lampreys Placodermi (extinct) Chondrichthyes - Cartilaginous fishes Acanthodii (extinct) Actinopterygii - Ray-finned fishes Actinistia - Coelacanths Dipnoi - Lungfishes Amphibia - Amphibians Reptilia - Reptiles Aves - Birds Mammalia - Mammals Chordates (phylum Chordata) include the vertebrates, together with...
For other meanings of bird, see bird (disambiguation). ...
Families Many, see text A passerine is a bird of the giant order Passeriformes. ...
The Emberizidae are a large family of passerine birds. ...
Species see text A Towhee is any one of a number of species of birds in the genus Pipilo (Vieillot, 1816) within the family Emberizidae (which also includes the buntings, American sparrows, and juncos). ...
Species see text The genus Spizella (Bonaparte, 1832) is a group of American sparrows in the family Emberizidae. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Binomial name Pooecetes gramineus (Gmelin,, 1789) The Vesper Sparrow, Pooecetes gramineus, is a medium-sized sparrow. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Binomial name Chondestes grammacus (Say,, 1823) The Lark Sparrow, Chondestes grammacus, is a fairly large sparrow. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Binomial name Calamospiza melanocorys Stejneger,, 1885 The Lark Bunting, Calamospiza melanocorys, is a medium-sized sparrow. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Binomial name Passerculus sandwichensis (Gmelin,, 1789) The Savannah Sparrow, Passerculus sandwichensis, is a small sparrow. ...
Genus Ammodramus Swainson, 1827 The genus Ammodramus is a group of American sparrows in the family Emberizidae. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Binomial name Passerella iliaca (Merrem,, 1786) The Fox Sparrow, Passerella iliaca, is a large sparrow. ...
Species Junco hyemalis - Dark-eyed Junco Junco insularis - Guadalupe Junco Junco phaeonotus - Yellow-eyed Junco Junco vulcani - Volcano Junco The Juncos, genus Junco, comprise three to eight species of small American sparrow. ...
American sparrows are a group of mainly New World passerine birds forming part of the family Emberizidae. Families Many, see text A passerine is a bird of the giant order Passeriformes. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Orders Many - see section below. ...
They are seed-eating birds with conical bills, and are the equivalents of Old World buntings. Although they share the name sparrow, American sparrows are not closely related to the Old World sparrows, which are in the family Passeridae). Jump to: navigation, search Orders Many - see section below. ...
Genera Melophus Latoucheornis Emberiza Plectrophenax Buntings are a group of mainly European passerine birds of the family Emberizidae. ...
Genera Passer Petronia Carpospiza Montifringilla This article is about the Old World sparrows in the family Passeridae. ...
Their are similar in both appearance and habit to finches, with which they sometimes used to be grouped. Some emberizids are still named finches. Most are inconspicuous birds in shades of brown, although many species have distinctive head patterns. Jump to: navigation, search Genera Many, see text Finches are seed-eating passerine birds, the many species of which are found chiefly in the northern hemisphere, but also to a limited extent in Africa and South America. ...
American sparrow species are:
- Orange-billed Sparrow, Arremon aurantiirostris
- Pectoral Sparrow, Arremon taciturnus
- Half-collared Sparrow, Arremon semitorquatus
- Golden-winged Sparrow, Arremon schlegeli
- Black-capped Sparrow, Arremon abeillei
- Saffron-billed Sparrow, Arremon flavirostris
- Olive Sparrow, Arremonops rufivirgatus
- Tocuyo Sparrow, Arremonops tocuyensis
- Green-backed Sparrow, Arremonops chloronotus
- Black-striped Sparrow, Arremonops conirostris
- Rusty-crowned Ground Sparrow, Melozone kieneri
- Prevost's Ground Sparrow, Melozone biarcuatum
- White-eared Ground Sparrow, Melozone leucotis
- Green-tailed Towhee, Pipilo chlorurus
- Collared Towhee, Pipilo ocai
- Socorro Towhee, Pipilo socorroensis
- Eastern Towhee, Pipilo erythrophthalmus
- Spotted Towhee, Pipilo maculatus
- California Towhee, Pipilo crissalis
- Canyon Towhee, Pipilo fuscus
- Abert's Towhee, Pipilo aberti
- White-throated Towhee, Pipilo albicollis
- Bridled Sparrow, Aimophila mystacalis
- Black-chested Sparrow, Aimophila humeralis
- Stripe-headed Sparrow, Aimophila ruficauda
- Cinnamon-tailed Sparrow, Aimophila sumichrasti
- Stripe-capped Sparrow, Aimophila strigiceps
- Tumbes Sparrow, Aimophila stolzmanni
- Bachman's Sparrow, Aimophila aestivalis
- Botteri's Sparrow, Aimophila botterii
- Cassin's Sparrow, Aimophila cassinii
- Rufous-crowned Sparrow, Aimophila ruficeps
- Rufous-winged Sparrow, Aimophila carpalis
- Five-striped Sparrow, Aimophila quinquestriata
- Oaxaca Sparrow, Aimophila notosticta
- Rusty Sparrow, Aimophila rufescens
- Striped Sparrow, Oriturus superciliosus
- Zapata Sparrow, Torreornis inexpectata
- American Tree Sparrow, Spizella arborea
- Chipping Sparrow, Spizella passerina
- Clay-colored Sparrow, Spizella pallida
- Brewer's Sparrow, Spizella breweri
- Field Sparrow, Spizella pusilla
- Worthen's Sparrow, Spizella wortheni
- Black-chinned Sparrow, Spizella atrogularis
- Vesper Sparrow, Pooecetes gramineus
- Lark Sparrow, Chondestes grammacus
- Black-throated Sparrow, Amphispiza bilineata
- Sage Sparrow, Amphispiza belli
- Lark Bunting, Calamospiza melanocorys
- Savannah Sparrow, Passerculus sandwichensis
- Seaside Sparrow, Ammodramus maritimus
- Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow, Ammodramus nelsoni
- Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow, Ammodramus caudacutus
- Le Conte's Sparrow, Ammodramus leconteii
- Henslow's Sparrow, Ammodramus henslowii
- Baird's Sparrow, Ammodramus bairdii
- Grasshopper Sparrow, Ammodramus savannarum
- Grassland Sparrow, Ammodramus humeralis
- Yellow-browed Sparrow, Ammodramus aurifrons
- Fox Sparrow, Passerella iliaca
- Sierra Madre Sparrow, Xenospiza baileyi
- Song Sparrow, Melospiza melodia
- Lincoln's Sparrow, Melospiza lincolnii
- Swamp Sparrow, Melospiza georgiana
- White-crowned Sparrow, Zonotrichia leucophrys
- White-throated Sparrow, Zonotrichia albicollis
- Golden-crowned Sparrow, Zonotrichia atricapilla
- Rufous-collared Sparrow, Zonotrichia capensis
- Harris' Sparrow, Zonotrichia querula
- Dark-eyed Junco, Junco hyemalis
- Yellow-eyed Junco, Junco phaeonotus
- Guadalupe Junco, Junco insularis
- Volcano Junco, Junco vulcani