Alexander Kent is the pseudonym of the British novelist Douglas Edward Reeman. At age 16 he joined the British Royal Navy, and served during World War II. He eventually rose to the rank of lieutenant. In addition to being an author, Reeman has also taught the art of navigation for yachting and served as a technical advisor for films. Jump to: navigation, search The Royal Navy of the United Kingdom is the senior service of the British armed services, being the oldest of its three branches. ...
Jump to: navigation, search World War II was a truly global conflict with many facets: immense human suffering, fierce indoctrinations, and the use of new, extremely devastating weapons such as the atom bomb . Known in the USSR as: the Great Patriotic War World War II, also known as the Second...
A Lieutenant is a military, paramilitary or police officer. ...
There are several traditions of navigation. ...
A yacht A yacht was originally defined as a light, fast sailing vessel used to convey important persons. ...
Jump to: navigation, search Film refers to the celluloid media on which movies are printed Film is a term that encompasses motion pictures as individual projects, as well as the field in general. ...
Reeman's debut novel, A Prayer for the Ship was published in 1958. Writing under the name Kent, this author is most famous for his series of Napoleonic Naval Stories, whose central character is Richard Bolitho. Douglas Reeman is a British author who has written many historical fiction books on the Royal Navy, set during World War II He has also written under the pseudonym of Alexander Kent - Napoleonic era Royal Navy. ...
Jump to: navigation, search 1958 was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
Richard Bolitho is a fictional Royal Navy officer who is the main character in a series of novels written by Douglas Reeman (using the pseudonym Alexander Kent). ...
Books in series order by the year they are set in (with year published)
- 1772 - Richard Bolitho, Midshipman (1975)
- 1773 - Midshipman Bolitho and the 'Avenger' (1978)
- 1774 - Stand Into Danger (1980)
- 1774 - Band of Brothers (2005)
- 1777 - In Gallant Company (1977)
- 1778 - Sloop Of War (1972)
- 1782 - To Glory We Steer (1968)
- 1784 - Command a King's Ship (1973)
- 1789 - Passage To Mutiny (1976)
- 1792 - With All Despatch (1988)
- 1793 - Form Line of Battle! (1969)
- 1794 - Enemy In Sight! (1970)
- 1797 - Flag Captain (1971)
- 1798 - Signal - Close Action! (1974)
- 1800 - The Inshore Squadron (1977)
- 1801 - A Tradition Of Victory (1981)
- 1802 - Success To The Brave (1983)
- 1803 - Colours Aloft! (1986)
- 1804 - Honour This Day (1987)
- 1806 - The Only Victor (1990)
- 1808 - Beyond The Reef (1992)
- 1809 - The Darkening Sea (1993)
- 1811 - For My Country's Freedom (1995)
- 1813 - Cross Of St. George (1996)
- 1814 - Sword of Honour (1998)
- 1815 - Second to None (1999)
- 1815 - Relentless Pursuit (2001)
- 1817 - Man of War (2003)
Douglas Reeman official site