Aki Kaurismäki (born April 4, 1957) is a Finnish film director. April 4 is the 94th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar (95th in leap years). ...
1957 was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
The film director, on the right, gives last minute direction to the cast and crew, whilst filming a costume drama on location in London. ...
Aki Kaurismäki started his career as a co-director in the films of his elder brother Mika Kaurismäki. He gained worldwide fame by producing the movie Leningrad Cowboys Go America. Mika Kaurismäki (born September 21, 1955) is a Finnish film director. ...
The Leningrad Cowboys are a Finnish rock and roll band, famous for its humorous songs and concerts featuring the Soviet Red Army Choir. ...
His movie The Man Without a Past won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival in 2002 and was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Foreign Language Film category in 2003. The palace in which the festival takes place. ...
2002 is a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
Although he never won an Oscar for any of his movie performances, the comedian Bob Hope received two honorary Oscars for his contributions to cinema. ...
As a Special Award 1947 Shoeshine (Sciuscià) (Italy) - Societa Co-operativa Alfa Cinematografica - Paolo William Tamburella producer - Vittorio De Sica director 1948 Monsieur Vincent (France) - E. D. I. C., Union Général Cinématographique - George de la Grandiere producer - Maurice Cloche director 1949 The Bicycle Thief (Ladri di biciclette) (Italy) - Mayer - Vittorio...
2003 is a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar. ...
- Rock'y IV, 1986 (8 min)
- Through the Wire, 1987 (6 min)
- Rich Little Bitch, 1987 (6 min)
- L.A. Woman, 1987 (5 min)
- Those Were The Days, 1991 (5 min)
- These Boots, 1992 (5 min)
- Välittäjä, 1996?
- Saimaa-ilmiö (Saimaa Gesture), 1981
- Total Balalaika Show, 1994
- Rikos ja Rangaistus (Crime and Punishment), 1983
- Calamari Union, 1985
- Varjoja paratiisissa (Shadows in Paradise), 1986
- Hamlet liikemaailmassa (Hamlet Goes Business), 1987
- Ariel, 1988
- Likaiset kädet (Les mains sales), 1989 (production for Finnish TV)
- Leningrad Cowboys Go America, 1989
- Tulitikkutehtaan tyttö (The Match Factory Girl), 1990
- I hired a contract Killer, 1990
- Boheemielämää (La vie de bohème), 1992
- Pidä huivista kiinni, Tatjana (Take Care of Your Scarf, Tatyana), 1994
- Leningrad Cowboys Meet Moses, 1994
- Kauas pilvet karkaavat (Drifting Clouds), 1996
- Juha, 1999
- Mies vailla menneisyyttä (The Man Without a Past) (2002)
- Dogs Have No Hell (a 10 minute episode in the collaborative film Ten Minutes Older - The Trumpet), 2002
The Man Without a Past (Mies vailla menneisyyttä) is a fiction film from 2002 directed by Aki Kaurismäki, starred by Markku Peltola, Kati Outinen and Juhani Niemelä. A man is mobbed in the park. ...
Ten minutes older is a 2002 film project resulting in two different films called The Trumpet and The Cello. ...
Siunattu teknologia! (http://www.sci.fi/~solaris/kauris/), comprehensive fan site of the films of Kaurismäki brothers.